• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Predictive tarot

Someone's asking for help!

Francesca

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
7
What do we think on predictive tarot and how can one improve in it?? I have this story from my mom where she once went for a tarot reading with an old lady from the country side, and she correctly predicted her future about my dad, my brothers (she wasnt even pregnant yet) and a few other things. While I understand it might be hard to get to that point and it involves more than just being good at reading cards, I would like to get to that point one day, but how? Ive only done evolutive readings until now, very little predictive ones, and of simple matters too (although I did got them right)
 

Francesca

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
7
Warned: Do not double post
What do we think on predictive tarot and how can one improve in it?? I have this story from my mom where she once went for a tarot reading with an old lady from the country side, and she correctly predicted her future about my dad, my brothers (she wasnt even pregnant yet) and a few other things. While I understand it might be hard to get to that point and it involves more than just being good at reading cards, I would like to get to that point one day, but how? Ive only done evolutive readings until now, very little predictive ones, and of simple matters too (although I did got them right)
 

Frater M.M.

Zealot
Joined
Aug 28, 2026
Messages
101
Reaction score
176
Awards
2
I dunno, I'm open to the idea of it. I do daily 3-card draws for myself but they tend to be synchronous with what's going on in my life or provide advice. I don't really do predictive stuff and haven't tested it for myself.

I'm interested to see what others have to say on the topic.
 

Dyn Hysbys

Zealot
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Messages
118
Reaction score
219
Awards
3
Maybe this is where the 'quick 'n' dirty' folk use of playing cards comes in.

Rather than the lofty aim of tarot to highlight gains and pitfalls on the spiritual path, perhaps look to folk cartomancy, or specifically 'fortune telling' cards, to predict the more immediate or day-to-day stuff.

I definitely recommend a simple Lenormand deck, personally I find it far more accurate and straightforward than tarot.
 

Oceanic

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
15
I find this really interesting to read. I use divination with a pendulum and all I've heard and read is that future forecasting past a couple of weeks at best is unreliable. I'm testing it for myself just now with things I can't predict but know are coming. How do card readings differ from pendulum use and predict future events possibly better?
What information giving source do tarot cards have, and how are they different from pendulum information giving sources? Does anyone have a theory or answer for this?
 

akenu

Zealot
Benefactor
Joined
Jan 22, 2023
Messages
243
Reaction score
456
Awards
6
I find this really interesting to read. I use divination with a pendulum and all I've heard and read is that future forecasting past a couple of weeks at best is unreliable. I'm testing it for myself just now with things I can't predict but know are coming. How do card readings differ from pendulum use and predict future events possibly better?
What information giving source do tarot cards have, and how are they different from pendulum information giving sources? Does anyone have a theory or answer for this?

Well, generally pendulum answers the yes/no questions you ask. Or, if you use charts, it can give some basic outlines of health, certain outcomes, etc.

On the other hand, tarot can point you in directions you haven't even asked about or from angles you haven't thought of.
 

Oceanic

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
15
Thank you for the explanation. But do you think the information giving source is the same?
 

Eldros

Acolyte
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
275
Reaction score
310
Awards
5
What do we think on predictive tarot and how can one improve in it?? I have this story from my mom where she once went for a tarot reading with an old lady from the country side, and she correctly predicted her future about my dad, my brothers (she wasnt even pregnant yet) and a few other things. While I understand it might be hard to get to that point and it involves more than just being good at reading cards, I would like to get to that point one day, but how? Ive only done evolutive readings until now, very little predictive ones, and of simple matters too (although I did got them right)
I think it’s mostly about learning how your intuition speaks through the cards...
Start with small predictions, write them down, and see what actually happens.
Over time you’ll notice your own patterns -and maybe eventually reach that - old lady from the village - level of knowing… :)
 

Frater M.M.

Zealot
Joined
Aug 28, 2026
Messages
101
Reaction score
176
Awards
2
I contact my spirit guides so they give me my pendulum answers. So who or what gives the tarot card answers?

I essentially do the same as you with tarot cards. To me they're just bits of card with drawings on them, no different (in essence) to a long piece of string with an object tied to it at the end. :)
 

Dyn Hysbys

Zealot
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Messages
118
Reaction score
219
Awards
3
I contact my spirit guides so they give me my pendulum answers. So who or what gives the tarot card answers?
It probably depends (as with so much in magic) on which model of magic you follow.
I'm an animist (the spirit model) and so I ask my ancestors or spirit court for answers via divination.
Another magician might follow the psychological model, and experience any divination through that lens (archetypes, subconscious etc.)
This applies to all forms of divination.
 

Nembra

Acolyte
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
429
Reaction score
378
Awards
5
Future sight is kind of a muddy territory, I'm not sure how would it be supposed to work. Prediction certainly can't be any simple physical mechanism because then you'd get all the mess with time travel paradoxes; tapping into shared unconscious theoretically might get you there, kind of Dune-style, but I don't think sufficiently sophisticated methods were developed as of yet. Maybe it's by some some synchronic, acausal patterns, but this is a rather involved matter, I don't think the deck alone would suffice.
 

Oceanic

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
15
It probably depends (as with so much in magic) on which model of magic you follow.
I'm an animist (the spirit model) and so I ask my ancestors or spirit court for answers via divination.
Another magician might follow the psychological model, and experience any divination through that lens (archetypes, subconscious etc.)
This applies to all forms of divination.
So you basically contact the same spirits as me I guess. My guides told me they are 88 in total and say that I'm related to them from past lives. My grandfather and a deceased friend are among them, I mean from this life.

I'm just curious if you've had accurate future predictions like a year or more ahead from them or has anyone else?

And would the psychological model be more likely to be able to forecast far into the future? How could the village woman do that?
 

Dyn Hysbys

Zealot
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Messages
118
Reaction score
219
Awards
3
As Nembra says, future sight is muddy.
There are too many moving parts, too many variables, to read accurately the further ahead you look.
The ancestors have a different view than us, sure, but they are not all-knowing.
'Enchant long, divine short' is good advice I read somewhere.
No model is better/more accurate than the other.
 

Oceanic

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
15
As Nembra says, future sight is muddy.
There are too many moving parts, too many variables, to read accurately the further ahead you look.
The ancestors have a different view than us, sure, but they are not all-knowing.
'Enchant long, divine short' is good advice I read somewhere.
No model is better/more accurate than the other.
Okay thank you both for your answers, that has been really helpful. I'm always really curious about how things work and am new to this, so it's great to get feedback and answers!
 
Top