- Joined
- Sep 9, 2023
- Messages
- 185
- Reaction score
- 310
- Awards
- 3
I like that Avante Garde stuff, and I don't have many people to share this interest with. In case anyone here wants to dip their toes into the more out-there side of music, here are some options that have real substance.
Mary Halvorson - Amaryllis/Belladonna - Jazz re-imagined as the sound of misfiring 50s scifi outer-space effects. So cool. Belladonna is my favorite of the two, but they're meant to be a pair.
Eliane Radigue - Trilogie De La Mort - Almost certainly the slowest developing music that I have heard. Listen to this when you're ready for an extremely meditative experience. Don't be fooled: what seems at first to be an almost unchanging drone does go somewhere and do something, and it's quite powerful if you hang with it.
Bill Orcutt - Road Stories (Kali) - John Fahey-type fingersyle meets dissonance-loving Maximalism. Orcutt has a ton of albums, but this is a favorite of mine.
Raphael Roginski - Plays John Coltrane - Not necessarily that Avante Garde, this is probably the most soothing listen on the list, but I had to mention it.
Mary Halvorson - Amaryllis/Belladonna - Jazz re-imagined as the sound of misfiring 50s scifi outer-space effects. So cool. Belladonna is my favorite of the two, but they're meant to be a pair.
Eliane Radigue - Trilogie De La Mort - Almost certainly the slowest developing music that I have heard. Listen to this when you're ready for an extremely meditative experience. Don't be fooled: what seems at first to be an almost unchanging drone does go somewhere and do something, and it's quite powerful if you hang with it.
Bill Orcutt - Road Stories (Kali) - John Fahey-type fingersyle meets dissonance-loving Maximalism. Orcutt has a ton of albums, but this is a favorite of mine.
Raphael Roginski - Plays John Coltrane - Not necessarily that Avante Garde, this is probably the most soothing listen on the list, but I had to mention it.