• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Spellbegging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty Mystic

Neophyte
Reaction score
If my memory doesn't fails me, there was excellent rule at WF rev.2.0., restricting spellbegging. At the modern WF I see a lot of cringey and senseless spellbeggars posts. Can we restrict the spellbegging again or, at least, move them to some separate forums section with strict form of request, which will add more sence to the isuue?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Can you post links to the relevant posts here so that I can go through them and assess if this is a serious problem?

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Here’s one

They are asking for a spell not asking someone else do do a spell?

Do we want to prohibit people from asking for spells?

I myself have posted threads asking for banishing/cleansing spells/workings.

Hmmm...

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Is asking if someone knows a spell begging?
If OP had rejected my suggestion and said he wanted more or others I would agree that it turned to begging, but in my opinion this was a simple question.
Edit: ha.. i posted in the same minute as you..

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Hmmm...
Well honestly idk if there are many spell baggers per say

Anyway someone asking for a spell d oesnt bug me

Misty Mystic

Neophyte
Reaction score
Can you post links to the relevant posts here so that I can go through them and assess if this is a serious problem?
Topics with spellbegging (10 minuts of manual search):
+ the lovespell topic from the post above

Topic of user, bothered by spellbegging:

NB: I see problem of spellbegging as sort of procrastination. 95% of spellbeggers does this only for feeling of progress purposes. They are allways "just asking". They are never casting the spells they've found. The rest 5% has no idea that casting of most spells are reqiring personal power, skills of work with intention and focusing + some knowleges in exact background. Also they, normally, have no idea that spell is not optimal way of solving their issue.

All this just generating a lot of useless letters and gives no effort to the community grow

Misty Mystic

Neophyte
Reaction score

Hmmm...
Nope. As you remember, I was reffering at WF rev 2.0 rules.

It's ok to request like:
"Hey, ppl!
I have 10 yrs exp in Western daemonolatry field. Now I want to contact with Mother of Spiders and I will appreciate good advices on subj.
My pre-diagnosticsshows that the contact should go fine.
I have Pentagram Sanctuary. Also I can get any ingredients, available at local Witchy shops".

It's not ok to beg like:
I need spell to make "WSHOOOOH" and "PDDDGH" with an instant results!
It's very urgent! Pls help

Misty Mystic

Neophyte
Reaction score
Is asking if someone knows a spell begging?
If OP had rejected my suggestion and said he wanted more or others I would agree that it turned to begging, but in my opinion this was a simple question.
Edit: ha.. i posted in the same minute as you..
Only asking without details, necessary for practical application like: description of situation, practical backgrounds, exp in this backgrounds, diagnostics results, resource base

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
but in my opinion this was a simple question.
Exactly.

Anyway someone asking for a spell d oesnt bug me
It doesn't bug me either.

Topics with spellbegging (10 minuts of manual search):
10 minutes for 4 threads, most of which are just genuine questions that don't even fit your own requirements for spell begging that you list below.

opic of user, bothered by spellbegging:
That's just @Mider2009 giving some advice. It's not something that gets frequent complaints.

NB: I see problem of spellbegging as sort of procrastination. 95% of spellbeggers does this only for feeling of progress purposes. They are allways "just asking". They are never casting the spells they've found. The rest 5% has no idea that casting of most spells are reqiring personal power, skills of work with intention and focusing + some knowleges in exact background. Also they, normally, have no idea that spell is not optimal way of solving their issue.
That may be true, and I agree with you that it serves them no purpose to just ask for spells if they are not able to complete them effectively. But it doesn't really warrant prohibiting asking for spells, and even if that were a rule, the kind of people who post useless questions usually just post, and then disappear, they don't care for rules, and probably wont care about getting warnings and account restrictions.

All this just generating a lot of useless letters and gives no effort to the community grow
Content is content.

It's ok to request like:
"Hey, ppl!
I have 10 yrs exp in Western daemonolatry field. Now I want to contact with Mother of Spiders and I will appreciate good advices on subj.
My pre-diagnosticsshows that the contact should go fine.
I have Pentagram Sanctuary. Also I can get any ingredients, available at local Witchy shops".
At least one of the links you shared above after "10 minutes of manual search" falls into this category:

I do agree that these types of threads should be in the relevant section, which already exists (it's called "Occult Q&A"), most of them are, but the exorcism one isn't which is my bad, I'll move it.

WF is still young, and we don't have the vast collection of content, spells, tutorials, guides etc that the old WF used to have... so it's perfectly fine IMO to ask for a spell recommendation, or a simple question regarding what to do. If someone is willing to answer the question, they can, and if they need more info to properly recommend a spell etc then they can ask for that too, and if they are not interested in answering, they can just move past that topic.

Maybe in the future when we have tons of threads covering all sorts of spells, tutorials, guides etc, and people ask questions that there are already answers for, or have been answered many times before, then we can look into implementing a "search before you ask, and provide details of your circumstances" guideline for members to follow.

At the moment, this type of rule is just too restrictive and stifling, and will most probably be ignored.

Anyway, I will think about it. It could be worth implementing in the future depending on the daily amount of "dumb questions" we receive.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It’s just annoying when someone says hey can I get a spell for my lost love

im like ok...why'd you break up?

Then they go radio silent

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It’s just annoying when someone says hey can I get a spell for my lost love

im like ok...why'd you break up?

Then they go radio silent
Sounds like it's more resentment towards love spells than "spellbegging".

Fuck it man, let people learn themselves, the hard way.

When it comes to love related shit you can't convince people with logic anyway.

Fook it.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I don't get it. Why shouldn't you be able to ask about spells on a forum like WF? Just skip the posts you aren't interested in, if you find them so offensive (as long as the poster isn't spamming/scamming).

To me this seems like gatekeeping. In your opinion, you have somehow judged that people haven't done enough work themselves so they shouldn't ask and don't deserve help. You make a lot of assumptions about people you do not know, assuming "5% has no idea blahblahblah". Everything you say in that paragraph is, frankly, none of your business and you're in no position to judge.

Instead of being a gatekeeping whiny a-hole, you could respond to suggest maybe a spell isn't what they really need. That creates content and inspires conversation. There are long threads that started with simple questions such as they ones you'd like to ban.

I do find people begging for love spells kind of annoying. Most of the time I just act like an adult and ignore those threads. Sometimes I might take a few minutes to try and point out that coercing someone into loving you isn't the same as someone actually loving you, and it will just cause much more pain. Maybe they ignore it, maybe it starts a conversation. Either way, I don't feel like my worldview is threatened by a few posts I may not personally agree with.

I'm not suggesting that anyone do anything without the proper amount of research. That will always be my recommendation, but sometimes situations seem dire and doing a small spell or ritual can have a positive psychological impact. That person "spell begging" (first time I've heard the term, and I have to say, I hate it) for a love spell might just be trying to make a human connection because of something going on in their lives, and then they run into someone like you.

BTW, anyone have a "stop the piece of shit car from breaking every month" spell? I could use one. Or 10.

Misty Mystic

Neophyte
Reaction score
I don't get it. Why shouldn't you be able to ask about spells on a forum like WF? Just skip the posts you aren't interested in, if you find them so offensive (as long as the poster isn't spamming/scamming).

To me this seems like gatekeeping. In your opinion, you have somehow judged that people haven't done enough work themselves so they shouldn't ask and don't deserve help. You make a lot of assumptions about people you do not know, assuming "5% has no idea blahblahblah". Everything you say in that paragraph is, frankly, none of your business and you're in no position to judge.

Instead of being a gatekeeping whiny a-hole, you could respond to suggest maybe a spell isn't what they really need. That creates content and inspires conversation. There are long threads that started with simple questions such as they ones you'd like to ban.

I do find people begging for love spells kind of annoying. Most of the time I just act like an adult and ignore those threads. Sometimes I might take a few minutes to try and point out that coercing someone into loving you isn't the same as someone actually loving you, and it will just cause much more pain. Maybe they ignore it, maybe it starts a conversation. Either way, I don't feel like my worldview is threatened by a few posts I may not personally agree with.

I'm not suggesting that anyone do anything without the proper amount of research. That will always be my recommendation, but sometimes situations seem dire and doing a small spell or ritual can have a positive psychological impact. That person "spell begging" (first time I've heard the term, and I have to say, I hate it) for a love spell might just be trying to make a human connection because of something going on in their lives, and then they run into someone like you.

BTW, anyone have a "stop the piece of shit car from breaking every month" spell? I could use one. Or 10.

I'm just reffering old good rule, which was at older rev of WF.
That's not gatekeeping. I have representative selection of such cases. Also, when I give someone practices, I partially in charge for their ussage. Maximum ussage I can imagine for cases like this is leaching.

Stuff member made the descision. It's more than enought for me. I think topic is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.