• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Spirit Fetish/Effigy

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hey all! This past Friday my custom spirit fetish from Matthew Venus of Spiritus Arcanum came in. As many of you know I've been interested in fetish work for years but since I am not a craftsmen or artisan by any stretch of the word, I didn't want to do the spirits any injustice by making a subpar vessel so I had one commissioned by a seasoned and "professional" (not really a fan of that term when it comes to occultism) witch. I made the purchase back in July of this year and the creation and charging of the effigy took over 8 weeks. Below are a couple of pictures. The vessel is currently empty. It can, however, house either a shade of the dead or a nature spirit. Not entirely sure which I'll seat within but I'm leaning more towards a nature spirit such as an Elemental or a Genius Loci.

pOtepOul.jpeg

Re9kesbl.jpeg

AmUMEHxl.jpeg

For those interested, the fetish has an internal charge consisting of:

• Wolf tooth
  • Wolf fur
  • Mandragora
  • Datura
  • Mugwort
  • Wormwood
  • Angelica
  • Ashes of the Dead
  • Cemetery Gate dirt
  • Quartz piece

Last edited by a moderator:

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Awesome man! I've actually been working with crafting Minkisi (plural for Nkisi) recently with the help of my godfather. It's a fascinating world and the possibilities are endless. BTW, that charge is solid. Make sure you find a good spirit to house there! And maybe consider introducing it to a divination tool like 4 cowry shells for direct access to answers. PM me if you wanna talk further on it.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Also, that vessel feels like it's asking to be a conduit to the dead. Meaning, it feels via the pics and the charge that it could work well to house a spirit to work as intermediary between you and spirits you want to contact. Like for spirits stuck in between.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Awesome man! I've actually been working with crafting Minkisi (plural for Nkisi) recently with the help of my godfather. It's a fascinating world and the possibilities are endless. BTW, that charge is solid. Make sure you find a good spirit to house there! And maybe consider introducing it to a divination tool like 4 cowry shells for direct access to answers. PM me if you wanna talk further on it.
Thanks! And funny you mention that, I've been using cowrie shells recently to communicate with my ancestors. And yeah, I'm not quite sure yet what kind of spirit I'll seat within but it can certainly house a spirit of the dead.