• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Spirits feel useless

Everyone's got one.

Shaman

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I ask my spirits for stuff and I almost never get something in return. I asked my wish-granting djinn to make me rich and help with my etsy shop, nothing happened. Same with the goetia like Vepar I also asked for emotional healing nothing happened. All they do I stare at me all day nothing else. Is there a way to make my request come true?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I ask my spirits for stuff and I almost never get something in return. I asked my wish-granting djinn to make me rich and help with my etsy shop, nothing happened. Same with the goetia like Vepar I also asked for emotional healing nothing happened. All they do I stare at me all day nothing else. Is there a way to make my request come true?
Don't tell me you bought that "wish granting Djinn" somewhere.
But what has changed then? You were so enthusiastic about demons in the recent past.

I believe that not all things come (easy) to everybody, and that some things may even never happen. That's not a popular opinion among Magicians, and I don't want to discourage you from anything. Might have to try harder.

I agree with @ByAMountainOfBooks about offerings and keeping your word. Spirits appreciate that just as much as people do.

🤟

Shaman

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
But what has changed then? You were so enthusiastic about demons in the recent past.

I believe that not all things come (easy) to everybody, and that some things may even never happen. That's not a popular opinion among Magicians, and I don't want to discourage you from anything. Might have to try harder.

I agree with @ByAMountainOfBooks about offerings and keeping your word. Spirits appreciate that just as much as people do.

🤟
I found out my succubus is actually a djinn. I will try offerings..

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
To me it seems like you're trying to get an easy result for things that require effort/investment. Or in other words, a case of lazy.

Emotional healing comes from within, so relying on external forces alone won't help. Have you talked with a psychologist? Have you meditated on your traumas and issues to understand the root of them? Have you thought about what you're missing in your life that you need?

Trying to get rich is worthless if you don't have an actual plan besides "wait for money to fall in my lap". You said you have an Etsy shop, but what sorts of things are you doing besides that? And what have you done to help promote business on your Etsy besides ask your spirits for it?

Spirits are good at greasing wheels to help things along, but the wheels have to be moving first.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
My experience with spirits, mostly servitors, are they do best with general desires. I'm open to the opportunities that come along with my personal efforts.

To focus exclusively on Etsy might be bottlenecking the spirit(s). There could be millions of spirits competing on behalf of others by prayer, magick or through an inherited entity.

Might set in meditative contemplation with the spirit and with a general goal of abundance, wealth, riches, etc without directing their/it's efforts into a certain path. Sense or see what comes to mind or felt during the setting. Might take several settings before the mind is calm enough to be receptive.

Reaction score
At first, I wasn't getting results asking spirits for success and more money through my biz. I'm fairly new to magick. One day I saw a post from someone on being more specific with requests to spirits. So, I asked for 10 more visits and followers to a biz page and got that. Then, I asked for a specific person to send me at least a $20 donation since they seemed to like my stuff so much. I got the $20 from them although it took 4 weeks. But I do see now from Thiel's response to you, that to say to a spirit: " open to opportunities '' etc etc might be a good way to go so I'm not pigeonholing any spirits.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
One day I saw a post from someone on being more specific with requests to spirits. So, I asked for 10 more visits and followers to a biz page and got that. Then, I asked for a specific person to send me at least a $20 donation since they seemed to like my stuff so much. I got the $20 from them although it took 4 weeks. But I do see now from Thiel's response...
Absolutely. It's all about experimenting and see what works best for the particular mage and situation. Sometimes it might need directed focus and others something more open like bring in more customers, drawing attention to products...

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I ask my spirits for stuff and I almost never get something in return.
Do you give them something as well or expect them to give you something out of nothing?
In a way it's kind of like expecting others to do you favors, but do you also do favors for them too?
No one likes an one sided relationship.

I asked my wish-granting djinn
I don't know how "realistic" it is that djinn grant wishes.

Hopefully not from those EBAY online stores that "guarantee you they captured a powerful djinn that will make you wealthy".

not all things come (easy) to everybody, and that some things may even never happen.
Only the most simple things come easy, the rest all demand some sort of sacrifice through time, effort and sometimes even monetary expenses(it takes money to make money).

I found out my succubus is actually a djinn.
Same vibes of "my horse is a zebra".
I'm not someone much knowledgeable about demons and djinns and similar, but aren't succubi very different from djinn?

To me it seems like you're trying to get an easy result for things that require effort/investment.
Oh if only it was that easy to get rich, just wish for it and "presto!", there you go.But everything in life had a demand that needs to be met.

Trying to get rich is worthless if you don't have an actual plan besides "wait for money to fall in my lap".
First step should be to learn about personal finances in order to understand well how money works and all the means to save money.Then see what you can offer be it as knowledge or services and try to "sell yourself" or search for a classic job like retail and others.Even trying to divine the numbers of the lotto takes some effort.

Spirits are good at greasing wheels to help things along, but the wheels have to be moving first.
The wheels have to be there.

Peter2

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I ask my spirits for stuff and I almost never get something in return.
You may be familiar with "beginners luck"

The mechanism is that when a nature spirit (lesser deva) is asked to do something that is not in its purpose/function, it will often do it once from curiosity.

Then it returns to its properly designated tasks.

Other entities may find that dealing your wishes fits within their missions, but distort your outcomes to support their instructors and/or nature. Parasitic entities do that to cultivate their food sources

Other entities are placed to manage particular humans for non-human agendas.

It may be worthwhile doing a survey of entities interested in you, analyzing their intrinsic natures, missions and supervisors.

I do quite a lot testing before accepting assistance from inner planes entities.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
If I have friends who are always asking for stuff, I give them the cold shoulder pretty quickly.