• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Tarot Reading

Someone's asking for help!

Josi

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hey All!

Last night, I did a Tarot reading and I am looking for some deeper insights from people who are more experienced.

Past: Rebirth (XX)
Present: The Sun (XIX)
Future: The Hermit (IX), reverse

Who is speaking to me?: Prince of Swords
What do they want?: Nine of Swords, reverse
Why do they want it?: Nine of Wands

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
XX - Decision, culmination, resolution, knowing yourself, self responsibility, rebalance.
XIX - Success, achievement, favor, expansion, earned status, successful completion.
IX - Introspection, self examination, maturity through adversity, isolation that leads to wisdom.

Prince of Swords - A helper who can protect you. Or an enemy who tries to destroy you. (based on context)
Nine of Swords - Hatred, attack, enemy, suspicions, grief, suffering, pain.
Nine of Wands - Battle weary, struggle, adversity, a warning of dishonesty, injury, treachery.

Life patterns come in cycles. You've been around the cycle of Fate before, leading to your current position of success. However, continued growth does not occur without adversity, and Fate may bring such to your path in the form of an individual whose negativity seeks to bring you down, perhaps by dishonesty. If you "know yourself," you will advance in maturity and wisdom. The danger lies in giving up, going against your principles, taking the 'easy' path. Though you may feel isolated, you are not truly alone. Learn to be at peace with yourself, and the road will open up once again.

Card interpretations are generally from Tarot Skills for the 21st Century by Josephine McCarthy.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I used the King of Swords interpretation in my post above, but the Prince is actually alternately the Knight in many tarot decks. You didn't specify which deck you're using, and that can have some bearing on meanings as well.

Knight of Swords - A young person who cannot be trusted, has harmful intent, dishonest and manipulative, can be violent and ruthless.

Either way, it can represent a person who presents a challenge or conflict, so the overall interpretation stands as it is.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I am using the Druid Craft Tarot Deck.
Thx. I will crawl through it, step by step

> Who is speaking to me?: Prince of Swords

You are talking to an entity that cuts you off from anything that could bring you forward. Like a compulsion neurosis prohibiting you from work. Or a depression.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Past: Rebirth (XX)
Present: The Sun (XIX)
Future: The Hermit (IX), reverse

XX = Nothing really changes
XIX = A chance in an honest relationship
IX = Obvious: Get out of that incel lifestyle

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Druid Craft Tarot
Use the companion book because it's going to give you better answers then you'll find here. I say that because I own the deck and the companion book it comes with will put you on the right track because it's one of the best books on tarot I've ever seen and read. Plus it's spot on with it's accurate interpretations. So that's what I'd do.

Josi

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Use the companion book because it's going to give you better answers then you'll find here. I say that because I own the deck and the companion book it comes with will put you on the right track because it's one of the best books on tarot I've ever seen and read. Plus it's spot on with it's accurate interpretations. So that's what I'd do.
I did use the book as well, but I was interested in other possible interpretations.