• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Almighty Lucifer

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
You bring an interesting point here. But how can nephesh (soul) exist then. It has to tie to a specific tree.
Why, its tied to my body.

When people reject one tree or another, they either surf the waters of spiritual knowledge or they become atheist in some cases.
Whether god exists or not, he is not holding my hand. As for the first sentence I would like to hear more about it.

What do you think of a taoist in Mao Shan mountains, are they bound to some spesific tree?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
You bring an interesting point here. But how can nephesh (soul) exist then. It has to tie to a specific tree.

When people reject one tree or another, they either surf the waters of spiritual knowledge or they become atheist in some cases.
Why? There exist other systems of magick that are not tied to the trees you tend. The O9A, to cite but one example, has a hebdomian system whose "Tree of Wyrd" eschews the Qabalah's whole apparatus. They argue pretty persuasively for its roots in Greek and Phrygian magic traditions. Likewise, though there are many gaps in our knowledge, the old Nordic religions certainly practiced magic of their shamanic sort without the trees in question. (Stephen Flowers' "reconstruction" smuggles in the whole Golden Dawn machinery via his Temple of Set ties.)

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

Whether god exists or not, he is not holding my hand. As for the first sentence I would like to hear more about it.

What do you think of a taoist in Mao Shan mountains, are they bound to some spesific tree?
People in Tao ☯️ Mao Shan mountains are tied to a specific branch of the tree of life. Some of the Gods they are in contact with do reside in the Tree of Life.

As for the nephesh, I am not upset, it is what you think about it :)

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Oy vei there, Bube. They are descendants from the 10 Lost Tribes who brought with them their now lost proto-Qabalah ages ago.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
People in Tao ☯️ Mao Shan mountains are tied to a specific branch of the tree of life. Some of the Gods they are in contact with do reside in the Tree of Life.

So your point is that, regardless of counter example, you can simply sketch in new branches on your tree? Handy, but highly suspect. This reminds me of old timey Southern Baptists. "How do I know the Bible is true? Why it says so, right here in the Bible! And it wouldn't be in the Bible if it 'twernt so, would it? Huh? Huh!?

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Why? There exist other systems of magick that are not tied to the trees you tend. The O9A, to cite but one example, has a hebdomian system whose "Tree of Wyrd" eschews the Qabalah's whole apparatus. They argue pretty persuasively for its roots in Greek and Phrygian magic traditions. Likewise, though there are many gaps in our knowledge, the old Nordic religions certainly practiced magic of their shamanic sort without the trees in question. (Stephen Flowers' "reconstruction" smuggles in the whole Golden Dawn machinery via his Temple of Set ties.)
An interesting point of view, though I think some of the 09A terminology makes things more complicated rather than being easier to understand by those who encounter their texts

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yep. And the Celts also had a tree model, vastly different but still ties into Celtic deities.
Indis had one too. Likewise, the Chinese in Sanxing Dui. That scarcely establishes the point in question: is it the same tree? That a metaphor or implement is widely shared says nothing of provenance. People in Thailand of old had spoons. So did Anglo-Saxons. Gadzooks! The Thais were early Anglo-Saxons!

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
So your point is that, regardless of counter example, you can simply sketch in new branches on your tree? Handy, but highly suspect. This reminds me of old timey Southern Baptists. "How do I know the Bible is true? Why it says so, right here in the Bible! And it wouldn't be in the Bible if it 'twernt so, would it? Huh? Huh!?
Yes, but one needs to know that the energies are different than those of the Angels or Sabbaoth.

BTW, nice humoristic skills when redacting about the Southern Baptists. That made me laugh a little

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
An interesting point of view, though I think some of the 09A terminology makes things more complicated rather than being easier to understand by those who encounter their texts
OK, so the book is hard. So is reading ancient Hebrew. That's scarcely a strike against veracity or its absence.

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, but the Celts made more sense in the sephiroth ... Oak, birch, maple, etc.
It is also used in the Celtic zodiac, and based on the energies of the Celtic trees, there are a lot of personality (spiritual personality) traits determined about you.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Oy vei there, Bube. They are descendants from the 10 Lost Tribes who brought with them their now lost proto-Qabalah ages ago.
LMAO

Well I am not trying to rage-bait so there is that. I simply stopped caring about hermetic Qabala and derivatives after dabbling on there for 3-4 years. So much correspondence, it tries to micromanage everything and crumbles in its own weight FOR ME. YMMV.

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
OK, so the book is hard. So is reading ancient Hebrew. That's scarcely a strike against veracity or its absence.
Indeed. At first I had some personal struggles with understanding Hebrew, but now I understand it well enough.

Some aspects are WiP but still, I manage to understand it.

As for 09A literature, still, the texts really tend to screw the mind in my opinion. They literally just mingle a lot of terms like nexion and it takes you at least some hours to really get the meaning of what they would want to say by it.
Post automatically merged:

LMAO

Well I am not trying to rage-bait so there is that. I simply stopped caring about hermetic Qabala and derivatives after dabbling on there for 3-4 years. So much correspondence, it tries to micromanage everything and crumbles in its own weight FOR ME. YMMV.
Ok. I know you don't want to rage bait.

What does YMMV mean, by the way?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Indeed. At first I had some personal struggles with understanding Hebrew, but now I understand it well enough.

Some aspects are WiP but still, I manage to understand it.

As for 09A literature, still, the texts really tend to screw the mind in my opinion. They literally just mingle a lot of terms like nexion and it takes you at least some hours to really get the meaning of what they would want to say by it.
Post automatically merged:

Ok. I know you don't want to rage bait.

What does YMMV mean, by the way?
The o9a terminology is a bit difficult; how needfully may be open to question. There is a glossary of terms available online (about 70 terms, I think.) You might like the old line from Kant, "Where comprehension fails, one can always coin a word." (Not that Kant himself ever had to, right?)

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The o9a terminology is a bit difficult; how needfully may be open to question. There is a glossary of terms available online (about 70 terms, I think.) You might like the old line from Kant, "Where comprehension fails, one can always coin a word." (Not that Kant himself ever had to, right?)
Yes, it can be open to a question (ie. How difficult it is).

As for Kant... nice old line he had :lol:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, it can be open to a question (ie. How difficult it is).

As for Kant... nice old line he had :lol:
In German, it runs to nearly double the number of words as in English. Sonorous, but slightly soporific.