• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Dead in Dreams

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I'm getting older and more of the people I know are dead. So naturally, the dead pepper my dreams.
Yesterday, an acquaintance of mine was in a friendly dream social. When I became lucid in the dream, I remembered physically he was dead. So I went up to him to apologize for not seeing him before his death. The social faded away, and he became a dark silhouette, turned and withdrew.
Before now the dead in my dreams were relativities and would engage when I gained lucidity.
It seems I'll need to be less direct with those outside of my circle...

Does anyone have experiences with the dead outside of your family/friend's group showing up in a dream?

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Sounds like integration, a part of your subconscious that housed a very strong feeling, perhaps guilt over not seeing your friend when he was alive, was reconciled and reintegrated into your consciousness by the symbolic act of acknowledgement.

What do you mean by 'would engage'?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
an acquaintance of mine was in a friendly dream social.
Did he look a bit different from what he was like in his physical life?

If so, that could be a parallel timeline. Parallel processing exist in Nature.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Sounds plausible. Something to explore for sure.

Conversation. How you doing? That kind of thing.
I see, if you are able to next time you find yourself in that situation, try asking the characters questions such as

-what do you represent?
-what would you like me to do?
-how do you feel?

if the dead are a reoccurring theme in your psyche, it could symbolize a guardian of the threshold or ‘archetypes’ as Jung called them.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Did he look a bit different from what he was like in his physical life?

If so, that could be a parallel timeline. Parallel processing exist in Nature.
Looked the same. He was much older than me and he kept his mortal appearance in the dream. So he wanted to be recognized or my subconscious tagged him with the appearance I knew him by.

Agree about parallel/metaverse reality models. Don't believe this was a parallel line bleed.
Post automatically merged:

I see, if you are able to next time you find yourself in that situation, try asking the characters questions such as

-what do you represent?
-what would you like me to do?
-how do you feel?

if the dead are a reoccurring theme in your psyche, it could symbolize a guardian of the threshold or ‘archetypes’ as Jung called them.
Interesting. I'll do it in a self-hypnosis trance, reenter the dream, and ask.

Last edited: