• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Art] The Sorcerer Opera Poster 1877

Graphics/Art

Asteriskos

Disciple
Joined
Apr 16, 2024
Messages
807
Reaction score
1,311
Awards
12
This is one of my favorite posters! "The Sorcerer" Opera by Gilbert and Sullivan circa 1877!

"My name is John Wellington Wells a dealer in magic and spells".

1kjSN3F.jpeg


Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Post automatically merged:

I recall reading something once by Gareth Knight (Basil Wilby) regarding the magician W.E. Butler who partnered with him at one time in one of his publishing ventures. As I recall it was something like this (not an exact quote): His appearance reminds me of someone in a Gilbert and Sullivan Play or Opera. I can only assume he may likely have been referring to this one? An obscure observation that I thought was interesting.
 
Last edited:
Top