• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] The threshold....

Someone's asking for help!

Accipeveldare

Disciple
Joined
Jun 13, 2024
Messages
661
Reaction score
884
Awards
12
So, I have recently begun meditating more often. I can maybe go about 20 to 30 minutes before I reach what I call "The door" or "the threshold". I will come to a point where my eyes will begin darting around against my will and also will begin to see phosphenes kind of start turning into more vivid appearances. Like just going from simply colors in the darkness to bright lights that are erratically shifting and forming into shapes and such. However, the most notable thing is it often feels like my body is expanding, levitating, dissapearing, or a mixture of them all. I have reached the climax of this state before, but I have never crossed through it. I always get scared and end up just snapping myself out of it.

Is there anything to fear? I doubt I will dissapear, but its like in that moment, my brain is telling me "You dont know whats beyond this point. What if you go mad?"

Any tips? I want to go farther. I really do. But im terrified.
 

Nembra

Acolyte
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
431
Reaction score
381
Awards
5
Have you ever heard of someone going insane by accidentally having his eyes closed a bit too hard? How safe it is exactly is difficult to say, but I don't think anything drastic would happen. It's actually quite difficult to go mad in one sitting, you know.
 

FireBorn

Disciple
Joined
Aug 14, 2025
Messages
535
Reaction score
1,857
Awards
9
You are in such a great place right now. I mean that really.

Here is my personal take on the fear thing. Fear is only data. It isn't what you think it is. I keep saying the word 'Illusion' about fear, and it holds. This fear is a threshold, or a gate if you will. It is your choice to trust yourself and cross it or continue to kneel before the illusions of fear.

I choose to fully let go and experience the encounter of that state. I have not had experiences where I had zero control, not ever. You can 'pop' out anytime you choose. There is no special skill to just popping out of that state. You are safe, and you are in control of your participation in it, full stop.

You got this. You are so close man!! This is the entire point right here, many pretend to have been where you are right now with this. Keep going, your life will never be the same. (Admittedly I want this for you. If you dont post your experiences, please DM me and let me know how it goes.)
 
Top