• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Through the gates of Death by Dion Fortune review

Talk about a book(s)

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Through the gates of Death by Dion Fortune is a quick read, only about 128 pages.

the book is a quick and easy read explaining Fortunes explanation about life after death and how one can contact their loved ones, help them move on, and how a medium can communicate with the spirit though it’s more audible then visual.

Though short the book is not dumbed down, Fortune studied psychology in the university of London then went on to write several books.

Last edited:

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I didn’t write much about the book as it’s very bare bones.

the afterlife is based on our beliefs both such as cultural and such, the best example is Minhat Yehuda where the ghosts described being burned to ashes by the heavenly court or spiritual creatures that tormented them like scorpions etc. all these things being based on what they believed.

heaven being the same, one being in a Catholic style heaven or Muslim style heaven with woman n wine.

The spirit lingers around the body for a few days after death so it’s important to comfort the spirit with prayers and flowers etc, in Christianity the body is embalmed and a funeral is said, prayers and masses are said as well. In Judaism the belief in some circles is that they should stay with the body for a few days praying etc. after the body is buried they then say a special prayer for 11 months as the person may be in Hell being cleansed.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
When living in a community, an older guy that I hardly knew, died. Immediately I could feel him around, for several days. Once his body was buried he was gone.

A neighboring farmer died of cancer. He hung around for quite some time. His wife could feel him too. As soon as she sold the farm, he was gone. She felt that too.

When my mother died in another country, she came to see me next morning. She also visited my sister. Then she was gone and I had to go to her if I wanted to communicate.