• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What's your views on alchemy?

Reaction score
Awards
What is your view on what alchemy is?
Do you prefer raised or lowered vibrations?
What was your first alchemy experiment?

Just curious. I don't have the means to afford alchemy materials, but am eager to see the spiritual alchemy in myself in action, and where it will take me.

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I'm a seeker too,
My experience was about transmutation of mental states and as well alchemy of the soul to raise vibration
I done experiments with both lowering and raised vibrations
Alchemical writings always fascinated me but still I have not yet try to decode them, and I thought about keys that needed to unlock meaning behind the material
I saw this post and give me another sign to start explore alchemy again ...

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards

Just curious. I don't have the means to afford alchemy materials, but am eager to see the spiritual alchemy in myself in action, and where it will take me.
I recall Julius Evola (in the old journal "UR," I think) spending a lot of time distinguishing between physical and spiritual alchemy. One corollary of his discussion was that elaborate apparatus (apparata?) was not needful for the latter's Great Work.

Mars

Neophyte
Reaction score
"Our fire does not burn and our water does not wet the hands"

Our work is the conversion and the changing of one being unto another being, of one thing into another thing, of weakness into strength...of corporeity into spirituality.

N. Flamel Il Desiderio desiderato, §6

I recall Julius Evola (in the old journal "UR," I think) spending a lot of time distinguishing between physical and spiritual alchemy. One corollary of his discussion was that elaborate apparatus (apparata?) was not needful for the latter's Great Work.

Yes. Alchemy was always the transformation of Oneself. Only later the profane thought of it as only a material operation.
Fitting to their worldview.

The lesser work is the one of transmutating mercury (Hg) into gold (Au). And what most contemporary "occultist" belief Alchemy is

The greater work is transmutating mercury (☿) into gold (☉). What the Magus knows Alchemy to be.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards

Our work is the conversion and the changing of one being unto another being, of one thing into another thing, of weakness into strength...of corporeity into spirituality.

Yes. Alchemy was always the transformation of Oneself. Only later the profane thought of it as only a material operation.

The lesser work is the one of transmutating mercury (Hg) into gold (Au). And what most contemporary "occultist" belief Alchemy is

The greater work is transmutating mercury (☿) into gold (☉). What the Magus knows Alchemy to be.
Yeah. I recall some old-time alchemists dismissing the bulk of practitioners as "charcoal burners."

An interesting spiritual alchemical activity is the "Star Game" outlined in the volume NAOS. Each piece transmutes into another alchemical substance each time it is moved. The game is not my cup of tea (epitrapeziopaichnidiophobia, maybe. Fear & loathing of board games.) Still it looks like it might mold some minds along fascinating lines.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: What's your views on alchemy?
SUBTOPIC: My Impression
※→ et al,

(MAGNUM OPUS)

The successful transmutation process to take a worthless base metal (or
maybe several elements) (ie Lead as one of the Worthless Elements) into gold → That success is known as a Magnum Opus (A Great Achievement). Many Alchemical Processes have an unknown and undefined "spiritual" component (a touch of the divine or some supernature • AKA: Magic). This process → to turn one thing into another → is often referred to as transubstantiation or metamorphosis. This Spiritual Alchemistry is still used today, every Sunday, by a number of Christian Faiths when they transform a drink into the Blood of a Deity or transmute or convert into the Body of the Deity (the Eucharist • a sacrament dating back to the creation of the New Testament).

Suppose you examine the construct of the rite used by followers of the Christian Belief. In that case, you will no doubt notice that there are many similarities to the alters used in the Abrahamic traditions and those used by the more developed covents associated with magic or the occult today.

Like all things that have survived from ancient times to the present day, there has been change. Alchemy is no exception. It has expanded well beyond the four principal elements in the beginning (
Earth, Air, Fire, and Water) to a relatively large table of elements that rivals the Periodic Table of Elements used in modern chemistry. At some point, the "alchemy" will nearly mirror the modern-day chemistry. But there will always be the differences in Alchemistry due to both the spiritual and divine components in the belief structure.

Just My Two-Cents,
1705961662938-png.891810

Most Respectfully,
R

Reaction score
Awards
I'm a seeker too,
My experience was about transmutation of mental states and as well alchemy of the soul to raise vibration
I done experiments with both lowering and raised vibrations
Alchemical writings always fascinated me but still I have not yet try to decode them, and I thought about keys that needed to unlock meaning behind the material
I saw this post and give me another sign to start explore alchemy again ...
I need to work with vibration management a bit more myself.
Yeah, The Alchemists Handbook and Adept Alchemy are my material to read on alchemy at present, even though I found many more reading on this subject alone.
I dont know if attempts to make oils from herbs count as alchemy or not, making coffee seems to be the "normies" take on alchemy.
I love this quote.
This is also something for me to work on. An old teacher, Frater S, has a blog on turning vices into virtues. A project I still have yet to do.

Nice.

Yeah. I recall some old-time alchemists dismissing the bulk of practitioners as "charcoal burners."
I can feel that, imagine the various scale of smells of aged alchemists. Some good smells and probably many atrocious smells.
An interesting spiritual alchemical activity is the "Star Game" outlined in the volume NAOS. Each piece transmutes into another alchemical substance each
time it is moved. The game is not my cup of tea (epitrapeziopaichnidiophobia, maybe. Fear & loathing of board games.) Still it looks like it might mold some minds along fascinating lines.
Interesting. I recall trying to understand both The Star Game and Rosicrucian/Enochian Chess.

※→ et al,

(MAGNUM OPUS)

The successful transmutation process to take a worthless base metal (or
maybe several elements) (ie Lead as one of the Worthless Elements) into gold → That success is known as a Magnum Opus (A Great Achievement). Many Alchemical Processes have an unknown and undefined "spiritual" component (a touch of the divine or some supernature • AKA: Magic). This process → to turn one thing into another → is often referred to as transubstantiation or metamorphosis. This Spiritual Alchemistry is still used today, every Sunday, by a number of Christian Faiths when they transform a drink into the Blood of a Deity or transmute or convert into the Body of the Deity (the Eucharist • a sacrament dating back to the creation of the New Testament).
Yes :) Interesting take on the sacraaments and the altar, very true and largely (by me up to this point) largely unnoticed.
Suppose you examine the construct of the rite used by followers of the Christian Belief. In that case, you will no doubt notice that there are many similarities to the alters used in the Abrahamic traditions and those used by the more developed covents associated with magic or the occult today.
Interesting.
Like all things that have survived from ancient times to the present day, there has been change. Alchemy is no exception. It has expanded well beyond the four principal elements in the beginning (Earth, Air, Fire, and Water) to a relatively large table of elements that rivals the Periodic Table of Elements used in modern chemistry. At some point, the "alchemy" will nearly mirror the modern-day chemistry. But there will always be the differences in Alchemistry due to both the spiritual and divine components in the belief structure.

Just My Two-Cents,
1705961662938-png.891810

Most Respectfully,
R
Yep. Reading both The Alchemists Handbook and Adept Alchemy. Thank you too for the table of elements, should come in handy.
There is funnily enough a book I came across to posess called From Alchemy To Chemistry.

On first experiments, I guess taking on Zelator was a start, The Blackening, putrefaction without becoming Sunken Kings.
That or attempts to make oils from herbs, flowers and spices.
Which, occurred to me today while waiting for my KCup to brew, looking at my sisters spice rack. Sage, Cayenne Pepper, Cinnamon (stick and ground), Basil all caught my eye.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
successful transmutation process to take a worthless base metal
Since physical alchemy grows the prima materia to its spiritual perfection (philosophers stone), the raw material needs already to have a strong flow of life force. Apparently it is traditional to use women to identify suitable prima materia for the mineral stone.

I bought some equipment to have a go at vegetable alchemy - much easier and unlikely to poison the practitioner as often occurred with dry path mineral alchemy.

I distilled some wine to produce relatively pure organic alcohol for extracting the subtle substances from selected plants.

Then I lost interest and drank my distillate. It was pretty good

The only account I read of animal alchemy was a horror story. Lots of live blood.

belowkeys

Visitor
Reaction score

Just imo it’s the foundation of most magical practice and I think having an understanding of it is fundamental in building any other practice. That said I don’t think alchemy necessitates a ton of materials if you get into alchemy at its core it is more a philosophical tool.

Reaction score
Awards
I dont know of any blood use in alchemy, the Lesser Circulation is use of the plant kindgom, and the Greater Circulation the mineral kingdom use.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The three formats of alchemy are mineral, vegetable and animal.

Practitioners of animal alchemy are unlikely to advertise - but I see energy signs of them in the middle of South America and the lower middle of Africa.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
※→ Diluculo de Fuego, et al,

I dont know of any blood use in alchemy, the Lesser Circulation is use of the plant kindgom, and the Greater Circulation the mineral kingdom use.
(COMMENT)

In the Lexicon of Alchemy, there are more than a hundred references on the application of blood.

Lexicon of Alchemy said:
◈ That herb which is mentioned by Pliny (1. 24, c. 17), which cannot be torn up, was also called adamant. The stone, however, can be shattered by the flesh, or rather by the warm blood of a young goat; more especially when the goat has first drunk wine or eaten rock parsley and mountain skirwort.

◈ There is also the vitreous, ruddy-veined Absinth or Wormwood Stone, which will burn for days at a time, and is said to make blood, or to cause blood to flow, and is the opposite to Hematite, which congeals or checks blood.

SOURCE: A LEXICON OF ALCHEMY by Martin Rulandus, PHILOSOPHER AND PHYSICIAN, 1612, Translated by Arthur E. Waite and John M Watkins, London 1893 / 1964 (250 Copies)

In the 17th Century, Alchemy called for (
as examples) the Blood of Dragons, the Blood of Stones, and the Blood of a Red Lion. or White Eagle.

1705961662938-png.891810

Most Respectfully,
R

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Lest anyone think there is one “real” alchemy and a bunch of fake ones, keep in mind that since Zosimus of Panopolis alchemists have been calling other alchemists fools and charlatans. These philosophers are like rappers- every one is the greatest genius and all the others are stupid and wack.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
SUBTOPIC: Reality
※→ Xingtian, et al,

Lest anyone think there is one “real” alchemy and a bunch of fake ones, keep in mind that since Zosimus of Panopolis alchemists have been calling other alchemists fools and charlatans. These philosophers are like rappers- every one is the greatest genius and all the others are stupid and wack.
(COMMENT)

We have seen Alchemy make a couple of important contributions to science. One of which was the secret of both flash powder and gunpowder. Alchemy was, in some respects, Alchemy was the forerunner of chemistry.

And, it should be noted that none of the cornerstone sciences (
mathematics, physics, biology, and chemistry) came up through history without its share of flaws.

1705961662938-png.891810

Most Respectfully,
R

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting, "The Alchemists Handbook" and "Israel Regardie and the Philosophers Stone" do not mention use of blood.
Fascinating though. I suppose Dragons Blood incense needs to have actual blood of a dragon, and lions come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
Cant blame em though, back then the Bible was taken quite literally.

I dont suppose anyone has heard of the term metaphor.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
SUBTOPIC: Blood Use
※→ Diluculo de Fuego, et al,

Yes, as a "General Rule" - Blood is not used in potions, spells, rituals, and documents. That is "Dark Magic." I'm getting old. I should have explained that.

Interesting, "The Alchemists Handbook" and "Israel Regardie and the Philosophers Stone" do not mention use of blood.
Fascinating though. I suppose Dragons Blood incense needs to have actual blood of a dragon, and lions come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
Cant blame em though, back then the Bible was taken quite literally.

I dont suppose anyone has heard of the term metaphor.
(COMMENT)

In the most recent "Black Grimoire" (Angel Zialor Copyright © Starlight Books 2008) it is also used in Chapter III, for "Sex, Lust, and Romance" • Rituals 1 - 2 and 3.

In another case. from the forbidden library (also Black Magic) blood is used in dealing with the three dark powers, Lucifer, Belzebuth, and Astaroth. See "The First Part."

Enoch B Petrucelly said:
I began to hate God and his lies. I took an oath that denied God and followed the Left-Hand-Path. I wrote it down on a piece of paper and signed it in my own blood, which I extracted with a pin prick to my finger to avoid alarming the hospital staff (they would often check for signs of self-harm), then placed the piece of paper in a wooden box for safe keeping.
---------------------EXCERPT 2---------------------------------
Daemon Tongue is a Universal language that I received from Lucifer for the purposes of doing Qlipothic Magick and more. It seems to work very well for opening gates and for evokations, even without Ritual implements. Blood is still needed however to open the gates fully and do the evokations properly that are within this book. Once you open the gates of the Qliphoth, you will

need to be proficient in journeying and astral travel techniques in order to gain the full benefits of working in these realms. I will detail ahead the methods that seem to work best for me and for others whom I have talked to.
SOURCE: A Grimoie of the Demonic Tongue • Chapter Three, The Black Witch © 2019 BALG.

The Black Witch gives attached a "Warning Notice:"
"Consider this adult knowledge, and not legal or medical advice. Use this book at your own risk. If any emergency occurs, contact a doctor immediately. BALG is not responsible for consequences of actions. This book is for readers of age 18 or older.

You do not see such references in other notable Grimoires because they fall in the realm of White Magic. In contemporary times, teachers (Masters of the Occult or Metaphysical) shy away from using the term "White Magic." They just say Magic. The reason is → when you say "WHITE Magic," it implies that there is a "BLACK Magic." The Masters in the Occult or Metaphysics do NOT want to encourage the opportunity for the scholars of the Abrahamic religions to speak ill of the intent implying → all magic is evil and harmful. The Masters in the Occult or Metaphysics want, future generations to think scientifically and apply their methodology when considering the undetectable energy of the paranormal • when for example, the patients report visions after a Near Death Experience (NDE).

If I were the author of the GRIMOIRE VERUM (The True Grimoire (1517) I would not start with: → "If you are male, in the right pocket, and it is to be written in your own blood, or that of a sea-turtle." It just does not project the proper image of the intent of WHITE Magic.

1705961662938-png.891810

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
From "The Alchemists Handbook" by Frater Albertus:

"Transmutation always takes place on a higher plane, and in the physi- cal world laws cannot be adhered to or violated without producing karmic manifestations. Beneficial karma, if it is permissible to use a term, because karma is impartial, is brought about by harmonious applications of natural laws. These natural laws must be adhered to if, according to predestined results, we wish to obtain what nature has decreed.

If the foregoing even in its very condensed form has made any sense at all to the student of Alchemy, it must be apparent then why that alchemical gem, which all alchemists desire to produce, has been called the Philosopher's Stone. How often it is that we use words and attach no meaning to them, only because we fail to understand."

I see your points, and perhaps blood has been and is used in alchemy, though I still dont see the need, unless people cut themselves with jagged pieces of the seven classic metals. Or select ill timed pruning with a sickle of vegetative materials.