• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

When even games can be sources of occult inspiration...

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I know what this will look like at first glance...no, really, I know.
It's literally the only thing people are talking about(and with certain reason), but this video is much more than just that.
I'm inviting you to seek beyond the material world and see this video with the eyes of a mage, the eyes of an occultist.

A quick note for those that might not know about the game and the characters:

• Black Swan(the purple woman with a veil on her head)
  • Acheron(the purple woman with a white jacket)

Black Swan is a Memokeeper, someone from a group called "Garden of Recollection" which as the name implies works to safeguard memories everywhere.Memokeepers surrender their physical form and become memories(or memetic entities, I forgot which one it was, but they're capable of travelling anywhere basically because of that).They can peak at other people's memories, changed them, take them, etc.

In this video she is trying to see the memories of Acheron.

Acheron is (allegedly)an Emanator of
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
(an Aeon, is a godlike higher dimensional type of being).An Emanator is someone that got granted permission by an Aeon to take power from their path(each Aeon represents a "path", sometimes if two Aeons represent similar paths one will end up "taking over" the other's path into their own and the other Aeon will die/stop existing).

This sums up IX's path(Nihility):
The existence of Nihility is a mystery itself, enshrouded by layers of mist.
IX doesn't interact with the other Aeons. They believe that the ultimate fate of the multiverse is nothingness, and therefore, worthless.

Side note: nihility destroys everything, even memories.Nothing remains exactly because there is no worth in it.

Now, with the explanation out of the way...what do you see of occult representation from this video?

And for those wondering why there's a black hole in it, IX is represented as being a sentient black hole.So basically the black hole would be eihter IX of their/it's power.

Did I made up an entire post just to show off this amazing animation?Yeah, I did

Reaction score
Awards
Not into anime, but will check it out.
Personally I like Airbender episodes. Seems to be closer to what we all want out of magic. Realistic? Probably not, at least on the physical plane.

Speaking of planes, what about good old Dungeons and Dragons? Great exercises in creativity and visualization, and to a degree, critical thinking.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Not into anime, but will check it out.
Personally I like Airbender episodes. Seems to be closer to what we all want out of magic. Realistic? Probably not, at least on the physical plane.

Speaking of planes, what about good old Dungeons and Dragons? Great exercises in creativity and visualization, and to a degree, critical thinking.
This isn't anime(despite this animation looking like that).
It's a game called Honkai Star Rail.

I'm more a fan of TTRPGs like Call of Cthulhu or Mage rather than D&D, despite understanding why it is so popular.