• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Where do I start?

Hazeeeee

Neophyte
Joined
Apr 2, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
5
I wish to learn more about GD, where do I even start?
There's too much information out there it's honestly confusing. What should a beginner do?
 

Accipeveldare

Disciple
Joined
Jun 13, 2024
Messages
659
Reaction score
882
Awards
12
I wish to learn more about GD, where do I even start?
There's too much information out there it's honestly confusing. What should a beginner do?
Id recommend Israel Regardies "Golden Dawn". You will know it when you see it because it is basically cinder block sized.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
This is a link to buy it
 

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Joined
Jul 3, 2023
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
31,505
Awards
19
You could access this collection:


Yes, there's too much out there but such are the wonders of the Information Age; if you're looking for concise information, go to Wikipedia. If you look for specific book recommendations, go to Book Discussion and Reviews with a Seeking Recommendation tag, you're posting in the wrong section. And please remember that this Forum is searchable.
 

BiTo-TaKeShi

Neophyte
Joined
Apr 14, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
David Griffin - The Ritual Magic Manual It has a very solid foundation for ritual practice. Then there are the main books by Dion Fortune, Regardie, and Cicero.
 

Sonnenkult

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 18, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
8
If you don‘t reject AI I can recommend you to just Talk with an AI asking questions and getting an overview for the subject. You can send it to archive org and ask questions about Golden Dawn texts. After that you will know which source is the best for your interest.
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
If you don‘t reject AI I can recommend you to just Talk with an AI asking questions and getting an overview for the subject. You can send it to archive org and ask questions about Golden Dawn texts. After that you will know which source is the best for your interest.
Yes I agree, Have the AI summarize the perspectives of different authors and then ask it for book recommendations. For my part, I would read these: The Essential Golden Dawn: An Introduction to High Magic – Chic Cicero & Sandra Tabatha Cicero ; The Tree of Life: A Study in Magic or A Garden of Pomegranates – Israel Regardie and as alredy mentiond before The Golden Dawn – Israel Regardie.
 
Top