• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Completing the Great Work

Reaction score
Awards
Many reasons, one is learned helplessness (poor me pity party card).
Maybe I just can't imagine the scenario you are thinking about. I don't see how someone successful gets "learned helplessness", that sounds more like a mindset that will be attained from perpetual failure. Successful people have no reason to pity themselves because their lives are amazing. If anything they spend their time feeling pity for other people who have failed.

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe I just can't imagine the scenario you are thinking about. I don't see how someone successful gets "learned helplessness", that sounds more like a mindset that will be attained from perpetual failure. Successful people have no reason to pity themselves because their lives are amazing. If anything they spend their time feeling pity for other people who have failed.
Whatever you say. With you being so humble, no doubt you will complete the Great Work. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Whatever you say. With you being so humble, no doubt you will complete the Great Work. :)
It seems you've misinterpreted what I'm saying, I would in no way call myself a success.

If anything it was your post that I responded to that came off as arrogant:
It depends on if the person in question has like me, both fear of success and fear of failure.
It was this line that prompted my response, it sounded like you were speaking from the perspective of someone who is successful and the first thing that popped into my mind was:
This sounds like the "plight of the privileged"

I didn't respond with that because I didn't want to respond as you did just now lol. So I asked a question instead to see what you meant.

Saying one fears success just sounded privileged as hell to me, because nobody who has lived a life where they struggled, starved, experienced poverty, etc, would say something like that.

Imagine if someone said they feared both prosperity and poverty?

Does that sound humble to you?

Reaction score
Awards
My bad, I thought you were just challenging the term and whether I was a success or failure.
I've tasted success, but have tasted far more failure.
I read a book called Learned Optimism, where it describes Learned Helplessness.
What occurs is if someone fails enough, they quit trying.
Example: Two cages. Two dogs. One pushes a bar and gets a treat. The other does the same but gets a static shock instead of a treat. Guess who will give up first?
I'm far from privileged these days. I eat canned goods for free from a food pantry.
I owe two years back rent, have multiple disabilities and cannot find a job due to physical and mental handicaps.
Yet I keep trying .. and there is the difference, even if I keep failing.

kaikai

Neophyte
Reaction score
My bad, I thought you were just challenging the term and whether I was a success or failure.
I've tasted success, but have tasted far more failure.
I read a book called Learned Optimism, where it describes Learned Helplessness.
What occurs is if someone fails enough, they quit trying.
Example: Two cages. Two dogs. One pushes a bar and gets a treat. The other does the same but gets a static shock instead of a treat. Guess who will give up first?
I'm far from privileged these days. I eat canned goods for free from a food pantry.
I owe two years back rent, have multiple disabilities and cannot find a job due to physical and mental handicaps.
Yet I keep trying .. and there is the difference, even if I keep failing.
But you are a magician, I've read your posts where you have claimed certain rituals are powerful. What is holding you back from using the same verified powerful rituals to set yourself up right in life?

Reaction score
Awards
But you are a magician, I've read your posts where you have claimed certain rituals are powerful. What is holding you back from using the same verified powerful rituals to set yourself up right in life?
Simply put, my synchronicities are minor in my praise. That and no juice.
What holds me back is my juiceless self.
What do I mean by juice?
Spiritual power, and relationships with spirits.
I've already put it out there that I will video my rituals the best I can with my cellphone for others to critique (yay?).

Reaction score
Awards
What is holding you back from using the same verified powerful rituals to set yourself up right in life?
This is the question that always plagues my mind when I speak to occultists online, and it's exactly the reason why I wouldn't call myself a "magician" yet. I've only just started off but it doesn't matter to me how many years I've been at it, until I can use magic to make myself wealthy, I'm not going to consider myself a "magician".

I truly think that it's the "first true test". If you can't use magic to manipulate physical reality in your favor, how would you ever truly know (100% without a doubt) that you are actually doing magic and you aren't just delusional? To me, the obvious choice for a task of manipulating physical reality is to use magic in some way to acquire wealth.

This is why I think it's the obvious "first true test", because more wealth means you have more time to dedicate to your practice, you'll have more resources to acquire materials and tools for your practice, etc. You could dedicate your entire life to your practice and more likely complete the magnum opus, rather than spend 8 hours+ per day working a job, furthering someone else's goals and making someone else wealthy.

I personally think escaping "wage slavery" should be goal #1 for every magician. It's the first REAL test of your power.

Imagine waking up each day knowing that this day is entirely yours for the taking, nobody "owns" your time, it's 100% yours. I don't think most humans on this planet have ever experienced "true freedom". What most of us experience is the nicer more refined cousin of slavery lol.

The only people on this planet who are truly free are the wealthy, they completely own their time. If you don't have ownership over your time, that means someone else owns it, so essentially someone else owns you.

None of us are truly free so long as we have to use our most valuable resource (time) in trade for material resources (money). As of now we all have masters. There's no need for a physical whip because the very framework of society itself has become the whip. If you don't enslave yourself to the system, you will become homeless and then starve to death, as none of us are raised with the basic survival skills our ancestors had.

One thing I've always found ironic (even when I was a teen), is that the norm of society is most people work away their best years and THEN when they are 60+, old, broken down by life, weak, low on energy, low on enthusiasm, drained of passion, etc, they are now allowed the "privilege" to "retire" and finally live freely lol. It's the biggest joke in modern day society.

You are allowed to do all traveling and sight seeing you want when you too tired to care about traveling, and too blind to enjoy sight seeing at it's best.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, most ancient magicians were already wealthy to begin with, and it's possible more powerful grimoires exist but kept under lock and key by our wage masters. How do you think they got wealthy? DNA.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, most ancient magicians were already wealthy to begin with, and it's possible more powerful grimoires exist but kept under lock and key by our wage masters. How do you think they got wealthy?
This is why I'm not surprised when I see that celebrities, wealthy elites and old "legacy" families are often involved in the occult and/or secret societies/groups that use occult symbolism. They pass down the knowledge and keep it among their elite groups.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the two most dominant religions on the planet forbid their members from reading or practicing anything occult. The best way to hoard power is not to hide it, but rather to place it in plain sight and convince everyone else that they shouldn't want it.

Fear is the greatest motivator, and the threat of hell has deterred many interested parties from ever going down the path of occult knowledge. Of course that only works if people believe in God, and this is why I think there's going to be a huge occult revival in the next few years. A lot of atheists are going to become practicing occultists.

On another note, science has become the new God in this new era, and rather than use fear to manipulate people, the new tool is to use peoples ego and fear of embarrassment to keep them from seriously practicing the occult. So maybe there won't be a revival. The elites are smart, they'll adapt to a new strategy based on the circumstances.

Reaction score
Awards
Imagine waking up each day knowing that this day is entirely yours for the taking, nobody "owns" your time, it's 100% yours. I don't think most humans on this planet have ever experienced "true freedom". What most of us experience is the nicer more refined cousin of slavery lol.

The only people on this planet who are truly free are the wealthy, they completely own their time. If you don't have ownership over your time, that means someone else owns it, so essentially someone else owns you.
if you are wealthy in a monetary way you are a slave master, you demand with currency that others do your bidding, this is a recipe for weakness, both physically and spiritually

freedom is the ability to do the wrong thing, right action is constrained to what is right, the flow of energy in the universe is controlled by natural law, if you want to work with that energy you have no freedom

Reaction score
Awards
So, assuming someone figures out how to describe the basis for everything that we understand as "real", the very source of TzimTzum, the origin of B'reshit and see the face of Unity, AinSof itself without exploding in gory chunks...

What do you do at that point?
Good question. Bow down in worship.

kaikai

Neophyte
Reaction score
Simply put, my synchronicities are minor in my praise. That and no juice.
What holds me back is my juiceless self.
What do I mean by juice?
Spiritual power, and relationships with spirits.
I've already put it out there that I will video my rituals the best I can with my cellphone for others to critique (yay?).
Would you consider then to juice up? I kinda agree with Element that if you can't make it work for you then why do it. Not as harsh to callout if or not you are a mage. On another forum for talismans, I've read an account on a customers account of a South East Asian (Thai?) Magician who is a recluse but has a harem of beautiful women who lives with him. His lifestyle and living location is at odds with the typical harem having lifestyle e.g Russian oligarch, big yacht, etc. Just an example for you.