• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Have you noticed a larger percentage of the population is becoming irrational in so many ways?

Everyone's got one.

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have studied enough of psychology and being an astute observer of people (their thinking, body language) I am finding that the "mass-formation" effect that has been put into effect on the planet in the last 5 or so years especially is staggering. I know most people are not extremely aware of themselves and their surroundings but I am beside myself to see how irrational/insane people are becoming. I understand the plan the elite has used to dumb the population of the world down and to use divide and conquer tactics to keep and gain more control, but it still amazes me how it happens. I have watched people completely change so many beliefs to fit in when in the past they had the strength to stand on their beliefs. Fear is such a strong influence and to see its effects is unreal. It is like the Twilight Zone in reality (loved that show) and is it strange. At one point it felt like waking up in another timeline as I am sure it has been like for some others. I understand the Cognitive Dissonance, Confirmation Bis, Confirmation memory (that one is freeky), avoidance and disconnect that happens and it is so bizarre to see it play out. I know they literally wanted to make the majority go insane to be controlled easily and they expect most won't survive the future. Of course the elite are suffering from the vary same issues as well but they don't think they are which is how cognitive dissonance with confirmation bias works. I am interested to hear any of your experiences with this around you?
Twilight Zone Getting Weird GIF by MOODMAN

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Fear is the tool.

I read a couple of months ago that London was preparing for a new pandemic:

- wait for it

Measles!

Desperate times for those in power. Populations are losing faith in governments, medical institutions, pharmaceuticals, scientific institutions, even electric vehicles.

Right wing parties are coming to power. Perhaps we will see personal freedom reappear - or perhaps not.

Which party will give up power voluntarily.

Imagine how good will be 15 minutes cities - everything actually needed is within 15 minutes. Those with sufficient social credit and a digital ID will be able to take longer trips, just like in China.

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
Fear is the tool.

I read a couple of months ago that London was preparing for a new pandemic:

- wait for it

Measles!

Desperate times for those in power. Populations are losing faith in governments, medical institutions, pharmaceuticals, scientific institutions, even electric vehicles.

Right wing parties are coming to power. Perhaps we will see personal freedom reappear - or perhaps not.

Which party will give up power voluntarily.

Imagine how good will be 15 minutes cities - everything actually needed is within 15 minutes. Those with sufficient social credit and a digital ID will be able to take longer trips, just like in China.
Yep, I know all about it, but unfortunately both political parties at the top are apart of it. It won't matter which party is in. The left was taking away the rights and supporting the Ukraine War and now much of the right supports the Israel war and will take away rights just as the left, the same end. I think the right will get in in many places and then false flag terrorist attacks as well as real ones will happen and they will take more rights away to "protect" the people just as the dictatorships always do. The war will further expand in the middle east and the right will be blamed for much of what the left did before and of course what they do to further the transfer of wealth to the top. Then the left will get back in for the reset since it will all be falling apart and whats left of the scared population will submit gladly. I am a realist, sad but true I think. I do not support a political party as they are all puppets of the power structure. "Governments change, the lies stay the same" I know many are waking up but the elite are psychopaths but have very intelligent think tanks and they already planned for this. Anything is possible of course so we will have to see what happens...

Reaction score
Awards
Funny how the only third party to ever get elected since the 1970s was Ross Perot.
Post automatically merged:

Fear is a terrific weapon to use on mass populations. I think everyone offended and or triggered by anything under the sun also plays a part.

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
Pre 2019 and after 2019 doesn't feel the same.

People are much more paranoid nowadays.
I think the more aware are becoming paranoid because that's what happens as you wake up. The asleep are in a lala land bubble and will be basket cases in the near future I think because they won't face any information they don't like and when it is thrust on them by circumstances and things they can't ignore away are in front of them, they will believe whatever the power structure tells them to function.
Money Bitcoin GIF by AmberApp

Funny how the only third party to ever get elected since the 1970s was Ross Perot.

Fear is a terrific weapon to use on mass populations. I think everyone offended and or triggered by anything under the sun also plays a part.
For sure, the controlled opposition factor whether they know it or not... The only candidates who get to the debates are all playing a role one way or another. If you follow the money they are all funded by BlackRock, Vanguard and State Street... They would not be funded by them if they won't be beneficial in some way to their plans...

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The physical world/plane is an effect, not a cause. There is always a deeper level.

For example it is said that in 1825 Earth humanity for a short time was brought into direct contact with the will of our god (planetary Logos). The result was polarization of humanity, forcing choice between light and darkness. The polarization produced two world wars.

Coming up to 2025, there may be another such intervention.

Perhaps some 33 nations signing the Artemis Accords for peaceful management of the solar system is the start of something better

My own observation is that the dictatorial sub-branch of this timeline is terminated in 2025. Go down the timeline and have look

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
And the US Federal Govt wants control of drug patents. What could go wrong there?
They already have so much patented, brutal eh... Next is our consciousness...

The physical world/plane is an effect, not a cause. There is always a deeper level.

For example it is said that in 1825 Earth humanity for a short time was brought into direct contact with the will of our god (planetary Logos). The result was polarization of humanity, forcing choice between light and darkness. The polarization produced two world wars.

Coming up to 2025, there may be another such intervention.

Perhaps some 33 nations signing the Artemis Accords for peaceful management of the solar system is the start of something better

My own observation is that the dictatorial sub-branch of this timeline is terminated in 2025. Go down the timeline and have look
I have never heard of the 1825 situation you speak of, Ill have to check it out. As far as Artemis accords it does not surprise me, the elite want to be able to get off this planet in hurry if they have to...lol As far as world wars with light and dark, now a days there are light and dark on both sides unless you mean the not public wars... I have no idea how to go down the timeline and have a look, I know about remote viewing, psychic phenomena, meditation but I am not skilled in these and I like the surprises in life! Is there a consensus by many who do know how to do such things? I do know the polarization of the population going on is the top manipulating the people to that end for divide and conquer and the Source is everything so I can see that for sure as a rational perspective.

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have never heard of the 1825 situation

Here are the basic sources

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

One example

One of the causes of the present cataclysm is the fact that humanity was deemed capable of taking and receiving a "touch from Shamballa," without stepping it down via the Hierarchy, as has hitherto been the custom.

The determination to apply this touch (which is in the nature of a great experiment) was made in 1825, when the Great Council had its usual centennial meeting. The results you know; they are working out before your eyes. The industrial movement began to take shape one hundred years ago and received a great impetus from this touch. The evil in nations—aggression, greed, intolerance and hate—was aroused as never before, and two world wars occurred, one of which is still raging (written October 1943).

Paralleling this was an uprising of good, again in response to the divine "touch," resulting in the growth of understanding, the spread of idealism, the purification of our educational systems and the inauguration of reforms in every department of human life. All has been speeded up and little such growth was seen on a worldwide scale prior to 1825.

Might be time for another touch

I have no idea how to go down the timeline and have a look,
It is not hard - everyone I have told how to do it, could

But now I get a sudden doubt about making that public. I try to avoid accumulating karma unnecessarily

Still there is a "quantum" healing process taught commercially that includes back travel on the one line.

Last edited:

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
Here are the basic sources

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

One example

One of the causes of the present cataclysm is the fact that humanity was deemed capable of taking and receiving a "touch from Shamballa," without stepping it down via the Hierarchy, as has hitherto been the custom.

The determination to apply this touch (which is in the nature of a great experiment) was made in 1825, when the Great Council had its usual centennial meeting. The results you know; they are working out before your eyes. The industrial movement began to take shape one hundred years ago and received a great impetus from this touch. The evil in nations—aggression, greed, intolerance and hate—was aroused as never before, and two world wars occurred, one of which is still raging (written October 1943).

Paralleling this was an uprising of good, again in response to the divine "touch," resulting in the growth of understanding, the spread of idealism, the purification of our educational systems and the inauguration of reforms in every department of human life. All has been speeded up and little such growth was seen on a worldwide scale prior to 1825.

Might be time for another touch

It is not hard - everyone I have told how to do it, could

But now I get a sudden doubt about making that public. I try to avoid accumulating karma unnecessarily

Still there is a "quantum" healing process taught commercially that includes back travel on the one line.
I much appreciate the the link, I will check it out. I appreciate your knowledge and perspectives, thanks!

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I consider that a lot of the irrationality is due to irrational ideas being able to spread much easier, thanks to efficient world-wide communication.

Normally, stupid ideas would get no further than the pub, where your mates would laugh at them and tell you to pipe down.

Nowadays, if you have a stupid idea, you can search online for other people who have the same, or similar stupid ideas, and bond together with them. This will give you the illusion that the stupid idea is much more widespread.

In addition, once groups like this form, it's likely that their members will have more than one stupid idea, so to keep in with your 'group' you will need to tacitly or explicitly support their other stupid ideas, which may not be connected at all with your original stupid idea.

You can consider ideas as a kind of virus ('memes') and lack of efficient communication as a kind of 'air gap' that stops ideas spreading. The internet etc. has removed that air gap, and thus removed a lot of our protection against stupid ideas.

Last edited:

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Luke Burgis, in his book Wanting, wrote about the expert class:

People are desperate to find something solid to hold on to in today’s “liquid modernity” (to borrow a term from sociologist and philosopher Zygmunt Bauman). Liquid modernity is a chaotic phase of history in which there are no culturally agreed-upon models to follow, no fixed points of reference. They have melted like glaciers and plunged us into a stormy sea with limited visibility. Celebristan is collapsing into it.​
At the same time, the world is becoming increasingly complex. Think of the global financial system. The proportion of total available knowledge that any single person has is microscopic. So we rely more than ever on models, like hedge fund manager Ray Dalio, to make sense of it. Radical individualism does not free people from needing models. But where will they come from?​
“Since modern man has no way of knowing what is going on beyond himself, since he cannot know everything, he would become lost in a world as vast and technically complex as ours, if he had really no one to guide him,” wrote Girard in his book Resurrection from the Underground: Feodor Dostoevsky. “He no longer relies on priests and philosophers, of course, but he must rely on people nevertheless, more than ever, as a matter of fact.”​
And who are these people? “They are the experts,” continues Girard, “the people more competent than we are in innumerable fields of endeavor.”​

We have the "priestification" of the so-called expert class. Experts define their expertise very narrowly, so they're rarely wholistic in their solutions. They get paid to talk on the government-approved media outlets. They still resonate with a very large proportion of the population in the United States, UK, and Western Europe. They have sometimes been sanctioned as "the science." They are most often materialists who welcome technological solutions, but they fear loss of control. They only support "Freedom of Speech" when it comes from sources they agree with. Everyone else is just spreading "misinformation."

TGreat-R2023.jpg

I'm still waiting for that "fixed economy" that the middle level bureaucrats promised us with their grand plans. When a grand plan fails, they never think, "we were wrong." (See Mistakes Were Made, But Not By Me (2007) by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson.) No, they try harder, hoping eventually to achieve their techno-utopia. If you have concerns about their plans, they'll call you awful names, like "right winger" even if you're gay or some other minority. You'll find out that 'protected victim classes' are just another empty categorization, since they'll throw anyone under the bus if they don't toe the line - whatever the government and media have decided is the "current thing."

It is hard for people to be rational when the government controlled media spouts lies that contribute to cognitive dissonance. Coping occurs when some people reject all "misinformation" sources in favor of the "truth" of mainstream media. After all, you probably got a degree from the same university where those talking heads on TV got theirs...
[Girard:] ... I did not suspect how tight the closure of the various "fields" still is in the contemporary university. I thought that, in the social sciences, there was as much unattached, field-free curiosity as in the French literary public. Unfortunately there is very little. And the reason is, of course, just as each researcher says: "I must keep up with my field" and there is no time for anything else. People with interests as broad as mine cannot fail to arouse the suspicion of our various experts, those who are focused for their entire lives on narrower and narrower fields.​
Even though they cannot say so, these experts are automatically suspicious of any attempt at some "broad synthesis." And indeed I am neither an expert nor a "synthesizer." I never intended to be transdisciplinary. The single insight that dominates my work is doing it for me. I follow it wherever it takes me. [...]​
Knowing how formidable the impediments to concrete intellectual freedom really are, we must feel thankful that so many young people still want to join the academic enterprise for the right reasons. They are not interested in signing up with one of the existing politico-cultural lobbies, but they are looking for a life of intellectual adventure. If they really want such a life, not even the harshest circumstances will stop them and the future of our universities will be in good hands. - p.139,149; Rene Girard and Myth, An Introduction (1993) by Richard Golsan​

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It is for exactly the reasons above that people love conspiracy theories. They would much prefer someone to be in charge, creating a world order with some grand (but evil) plan, than to admit the truth: the world is mostly run by selfish people who are making it up as they go along, as we all are.
As for "experts", the description above appears to be not experts, but "pundits" - people who are paid to talk bollocks on TV etc.
If I'm having my appendix out, I'm damn sure I want an expert on the blunt end of the scalpel.

Well, speaking of the above, it seems in hindsight that @EternalLife87 might've been on to something here.
Dude, to quote @pixel_fortune , he was a cooker.

I should point out that @pixel_fortune never referred to him specifically as a cooker. He introduced the term; I am the one using it.

Last edited:

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Haven't been able to read the thread fully yet. But I have noticed that there is something deeply wrong and concerning about the way the general population is thinking and expressing themselves these days, especially on social media. Irrationality and cognitive dissonance are rampant these days, especially in the western/English-speaking world. I personally started noticing things going this way from all the way around 2012. Of course, it's ramped up to new extremes since 2019 and the covid debacle. Those older than me might even say the 60s is when the collective western culture started disintegrating and rotting.

I haven't been able to fully write it out/formulate an opinion on it, but just noticing things like the visceral negativity and phobia of animals being hurt vs the apathy and even sometimes enjoyment of human suffering/death is one of the many dissonant things I've noticed over recent years, and it's actually kind of sickening to me to see the change/breakdown of morals in our current society.

There is something deeply wrong with humanity right now, and it's almost eldritch/uncanny/dreadful.

Also, from some cursory skimming, I agree with both @Robert Ramsay and @KjEno186.Those viewpoints are not mutually exclusive It could both the ease of seeking and coalescing unsound viewpoints through the internet and high speed communication, while also a part being played by governments and corporations who undoubtedly have agendas and the power to condition and manipulate the masses to fit those agendas. I don't think there's some Mr. Robot style board room where evil lizards meet up to decide how to architect the downfall of mankind, but various different interest-groups trying to further their own agendas - sometimes aligning, sometimes conflicting. Nothing is as simple as we think, but certainly something is wrong.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Well, speaking of the above, it seems in hindsight that @EternalLife87 might've been on to something here.
I do not agree with that. People who assume extreme positions by default lack all credibility. I can back up my opinions with data that anyone can look up and then make up their own minds about.

@Robert Ramsay , where exactly did I say that you should not seek out a competent surgeon for an operation. Did I not cite "experts" myself in my post? Are you suggesting that you do not listen to "pundits" on the BBC or whatever your primary source of news might be? Will you tell me that there is NO bias whatsoever in the news? I am writing against blind obedience to doing whatever we're told because some "expert" or "pundit" as you would say, tells us to do it. We were told by "pundits" talking "bollocks on TV" that masks worked, that lockdowns worked, that going to a public beach was an offense (unless you were a dancing policeman) worthy of arrest. Do not tell me that "bollocks" has NO effect on a large portion of the population.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
@Robert Ramsay , where exactly did I say that you should not seek out a competent surgeon for an operation. Did I not cite "experts" myself in my post? Are you suggesting that you do not listen to "pundits" on the BBC or whatever your primary source of news might be? Will you tell me that there is NO bias whatsoever in the news? I am writing against blind obedience to doing whatever we're told because some "expert" or "pundit" as you would say, tells us to do it. We were told by "pundits" talking "bollocks on TV" that masks worked, that lockdowns worked, that going to a public beach was an offense (unless you were a dancing policeman) worthy of arrest. Do not tell me that "bollocks" has NO effect on a large portion of the population.

It just seemed to me that the way you were describing experts seemed designed to demonise them.

You are correct, blind obedience to anything is bad, and a lot of people fall into that trap because the pundit or whoever is saying something the person already agrees with, regardless of whether that thing is factual or not.

When people say "Think for yourself!", they conveniently leave out the fact that thinking for yourself takes a lot of work, and if you don't put in the work properly, you may not be any good at it, and may end up just exchanging one authority that you listen to, for a different authority, purely because the new authority agrees with what you thought already.

As Wittgenstein said: "The hardest task we face is not fooling ourselves."

Haven't been able to read the thread fully yet. But I have noticed that there is something deeply wrong and concerning about the way the general population is thinking and expressing themselves these days, especially on social media. Irrationality and cognitive dissonance are rampant these days, especially in the western/English-speaking world. I personally started noticing things going this way from all the way around 2012. Of course, it's ramped up to new extremes since 2019 and the covid debacle. Those older than me might even say the 60s is when the collective western culture started disintegrating and rotting.
I personally believe that part of the problem began when websites (including social media) began to prioritise number of eyeballs/clicks over actual content. They were "rewarded" for putting up total crazy stuff (including pointless clickbait) just because more people looked at it, not because it had any value.

Is post A on social meadia bollocks? Maybe, but it got 5000 likes!