• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

People who do spells for others for money

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I really don't like the idea of killing animals and I'll even go out my way to get a fly out of my house alive.
However, there was a time when I had a lot of fruitflies in my house and there was an individual that i really hated. I would address the flies individually as that person before squashing them with my fingers.
I've heard this before and I will say this; what difference does it make that we give thanks for our food when it is alive, while you do so after it's dead?

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
This is a problem inherent in the west because the work is not supported by society. There is no agency of validation. Scammers can only prey on the unwary but in the west the majority of people involved in the occult go it alone. In such instances you must take your chances.

If Vodou had anything to do with magic, particularly as you explain it, there might be merit to your corollary. As it is, Vodou is not a magical system (that would be dzo or aze) it is a spiritual system or discipline; a religion if you will.
I'm being presumptuous, but I'd hazard to say West African Vodou might not be as within your wheelhouse as you initially thought. I'm not challenging your expertise on magic, I'm just certain of my grasp concerning my own specialty. What might apply to magic doesn't necessarily apply to Vodou.
I'm not looking at it from a standpoint of calling to without. What I do know is that these things are things sacrifice can accomplish, and I see exactly a real mechanism that the ritual is most certainly going to invoke.

I'm not going to claim there is more to a causal adjacency without proof because frankly, to do so is not useful and a quick way to having a very hard time out there in the world.

I came into everything around this from a more secular direction.

If such things are out there, though, I'm not going to be sacrificing to them either way.

When there's work that stands to be done I'm going to do it myself.

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Well, i see it differently than someone who eats meat i guess.
Maybe, but I'd hold the fruit of the tree in equal regard. While I'm not looking to venture down this particular road, it's important to note that no philosophy corners the market on compassion towards living things.

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not looking at it from a standpoint of calling to without. What I do know is that these things are things sacrifice can accomplish, and I see exactly a real mechanism that the ritual is most certainly going to invoke.

I'm not going to claim there is more to a causal adjacency without proof because frankly, to do so is not useful and a quick way to having a very hard time out there in the world.

I came into everything around this from a more secular direction.

If such things are out there, though, I'm not going to be sacrificing to them either way.

When there's work that stands to be done I'm going to do it myself.
The distinction between secular and religious or spiritual paths is important particularly because the aims of such people are so vastly different; I must admit the difficulty at avoiding value judgements but if I intend to improve myself I certainly need to remember that. Whether others can benefit from such a lesson is not for me to say.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I think I can find something to agree on for both of the differing viewpoints in this thread (with regard to the original topic).

I do agree that due to the nature of magickal and occult work that it is one of the easiest markets to scam in. But I feel like simply banning or outlawing it is a cop out.

It's hard, because a buyer can scam simply by saying the workings were not effective or had no result.

A seller can scam by simply not doing anything, or doing something improperly or incompetently.

So whether it's the seller working first, or the buyer paying first, it is completely possible that either side can claim (whether maliciously or not) that they are right and the other is wrong.

At the same time, it's not like we can expect people to do things completely for free. There are costs associated with this practice, and not just sacrifices/offerings but things like candles and implements, incense and other expendable/consumables.

I don't think there's a perfect solution for this... and if there is, I'm probably not smart enough to figure it out... But what I'll strive for in the case of WFs future marketplace is minimizing recurrent scamming by placing a strong emphasis/focus on reviews and deciding whether to deal with someone based on their reviews. And minimize one-time hit and run scammers with the requirement for a paid vendor license.

There may be other things I can look into for the future, like a middleman service, and proof-of-work verification, and maybe even a larger deposit for first time vendors...

But I don't think it's a lost cause or something that isn't worth implementing. I've done work for others, and got work from others, though I've never actually paid for a service yet (mostly been a "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" type of deal) but I've had very good experiences with having certain work done by others!

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think I can find something to agree on for both of the differing viewpoints in this thread (with regard to the original topic).

I do agree that due to the nature of magickal and occult work that it is one of the easiest markets to scam in. But I feel like simply banning or outlawing it is a cop out.

It's hard, because a buyer can scam simply by saying the workings were not effective or had no result.

A seller can scam by simply not doing anything, or doing something improperly or incompetently.

So whether it's the seller working first, or the buyer paying first, it is completely possible that either side can claim (whether maliciously or not) that they are right and the other is wrong.

At the same time, it's not like we can expect people to do things completely for free. There are costs associated with this practice, and not just sacrifices/offerings but things like candles and implements, incense and other expendable/consumables.

I don't think there's a perfect solution for this... and if there is, I'm probably not smart enough to figure it out... But what I'll strive for in the case of WFs future marketplace is minimizing recurrent scamming by placing a strong emphasis/focus on reviews and deciding whether to deal with someone based on their reviews. And minimize one-time hit and run scammers with the requirement for a paid vendor license.

There may be other things I can look into for the future, like a middleman service, and proof-of-work verification, and maybe even a larger deposit for first time vendors...

But I don't think it's a lost cause or something that isn't worth implementing. I've done work for others, and got work from others, though I've never actually paid for a service yet (mostly been a "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" type of deal) but I've had very good experiences with having certain work done by others!
I think One of the big issues is that people expect miracles...the most common request is love request, I remember someone coming to me asking to get a man, she didn’t ask for work just readings

the Guy she was after was sleeping with her, his wife, and 3 other woman..... I think someone ethical like Nana would tell such a person to move on...which is often best. But scammers feed on these type of clients.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I think One of the big issues is that people expect miracles...the most common request is love request, I remember someone coming to me asking to get a man, she didn’t ask for work just readings

the Guy she was after was sleeping with her, his wife, and 3 other woman..... I think someone ethical like Nana would tell such a person to move on...which is often best. But scammers feed on these type of clients.
Holy shit, are you talking about someone from the old WF? I remember someone came to me with something very similar as well.

And yeah, there are a lot of people who are desperate, and turning to the occult was their last resort of desperation. They're easy to take advantage of, and it's truly sad and pathetic that people prey on people during their darkest hours. I'm hoping that the whole review system will help prevent this... but like you said, there are some people blinded by their own desperation... honestly, sometimes they don't even take no for an answer from the seller themselves... let alone look up reviews and such.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Holy shit, are you talking about someone from the old WF? I remember someone came to me with something very similar as well.

And yeah, there are a lot of people who are desperate, and turning to the occult was their last resort of desperation. They're easy to take advantage of, and it's truly sad and pathetic that people prey on people during their darkest hours. I'm hoping that the whole review system will help prevent this... but like you said, there are some people blinded by their own desperation... honestly, sometimes they don't even take no for an answer from the seller themselves... let alone look up reviews and such.
No, but requests like that in magic are typical, I remember a poster here who was using some hard core necromancy to bring back her ex each time he left her. Like...get a goats head kinda hard core.

or they’ll use what’s called an Intranquil spirit...it’s a spirit summoned to torment your ex till they’re returned.

Telafiel

ᶜᵒᵍⁿⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᵇᵉʰᵃᵛⁱᵒʳᵃˡ ᶜʳʸᵒᵗʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ
Reaction score
Awards

the Guy she was after was sleeping with her, his wife, and 3 other woman..... I think someone ethical like Nana would tell such a person to move on...which is often best. But scammers feed on these type of clients.​
And yet here we are, that for love you wouldn't even have to use any type of magic, but to learn what is love, how to love and learn and speak the language of love. People trying to cheat on love, so they often fails. Even worst, that many people have no clue about real love, and it is more about obsession, craving and different type of emotions which can be even toxic as the more desperate you're becoming.​

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
And yet here we are, that for love you wouldn't even have to use any type of magic, but to learn what is love, how to love and learn and speak the language of love. People trying to cheat on love, so they often fails. Even worst, that many people have no clue about real love, and it is more about obsession, craving and different type of emotions which can be even toxic as the more desperate you're becoming.​
Seriously though, watch literally ANY episode of ANY "intellectual" show with spookiness that involves ANY mention of "love magic".

Like how many more warnings do we have to put up before people actually realize "hey, maybe this is a bad idea" before schlorping down the contents of that cup?

At least when I introduced my friend to The Path of "Slaanesh", as the new kids are calling the entity in the most recent media treatment, they knew what they were asking for: force of personality as regards the desire for sexual attraction.

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

Love Magic... I never do these things. Always people ask me to take one person from someone else and give them to the person(asking for the spell). I never do this. Instead I tell people that I will consult their spirits to send them someone that is good for their destiny and lusts. Nobody ever wants this.
Plus, my head spirits are twins as are many of my vodous. My medicine costs twice as much as most priests for this reason.
But more importantly I ask them why don't they simply give the object of their desire a drug or have sex with them at gunpoint. Anyone that still wants this medicine after being shown plainly what they are doing is unacceptable behavior gets the equivalent of a strongly worded letter sent to their ancestors of the same gender as their target about how their child is about to become a rapist.
But to the original issue, community is the best protection from scammers.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Love Magic... I never do these things. Always people ask me to take one person from someone else and give them to the person(asking for the spell). I never do this. Instead I tell people that I will consult their spirits to send them someone that is good for their destiny and lusts. Nobody ever wants this.
Plus, my head spirits are twins as are many of my vodous. My medicine costs twice as much as most priests for this reason.
But more importantly I ask them why don't they simply give the object of their desire a drug or have sex with them at gunpoint. Anyone that still wants this medicine after being shown plainly what they are doing is unacceptable behavior gets the equivalent of a strongly worded letter sent to their ancestors of the same gender as their target about how their child is about to become a rapist.
How do they not understand that forcing feelings is the surest way to either not want them felt for you that way or to have it blow up spectacularly into seething hatred and a curse upon you of a different sort?

I'd as soon also send a sternly worded letter to their LIVING ancestors, too. And the local constabulary, possibly.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have asked my ancestors and Santa Muerte for certain woman who they refused me, that was in my twenties I’m a lot wiser in my 30’s and knew this was the best choice.

the only time I was successful was before I worked with Death and had a magician use a demon, it was a terrible decision, my ex was a nightmare.

It’s not worth it, they will fight it and hate you trying to manipulate them.

Last edited:

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
offering a service is not a bsad thing I believe. And you can get rich from them if you are fair and give a cut. They make a deal that if they are rich and make a million dollars then they owe so muchten percent or something. Spells can do many things it is the person who desires that fails mostly, Now as for the question of why do it if you can do it for your self already? And that is because it is easdier and also people need it it is your duty and in the best cases you are not a public web page but meet important persons and aid them. Also politics a powerful spell caster is a potent aid in any of the worlds affairs and can be used but riches is his reward and title.
Vodo is boss and the graceious speaker on that subject shows how such things are a reality and calling scam is the doubt of the materialists.
I would do this and seek dealings in it, I have a potent spell book from the dragon times as old as Odin full of great success, I could use an escrow and when satified the money released. I dont go for the those who teach cant do and agree with Aristotle on that he says teachers can not be doers becasue it is a matter of general and specfic knowledge a doer only knows his own experience where a teacher know allabout any thing that could come up. I has been proved over and over. Same here a dutiful caster only sseeeking to aid those worth as opposed to someone who can do it for them selfs

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

the market here is not profitable and more terms will only killit more, a simple escrow would do it, besides how do you determine anything. I wouldnt buy a permit here, other ways are cheaper and make more profit. This site has no demand and any talent is far from here, I would rather have a court of peers than a lot of taxes, The lower the venue the more scam so blame thyselves

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The effectiveness inner plane work (magic) is often dependent upon qualities of the proposed beneficiary.

For example karmic or possession issues may result in unplanned reactions or interventions. So one of the early tasks in doing "magic" to support a target person is testing the rightness of the action

The unwary practitioner is liable to be adversely impacted

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The effectiveness inner plane work (magic) is often dependent upon qualities of the proposed beneficiary.

For example karmic or possession issues may result in unplanned reactions or interventions. So one of the early tasks in doing "magic" to support a target person is testing the rightness of the action

The unwary practitioner is liable to be adversely impacted
Yes to the conditioned soul but once the said worker working in the cause of another is free from the bonds of material nature he is also free from sinful reactions. In other words he is allowed to do what others think is wrong because he knows the whole truth whereass most only hear what thery want to hear.

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
very easy from me planetary krama is not very hard but how do you qualify? what school do you belong to?