• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Two Elephants in One Room?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I'm thinking of world overpopulation. India recently passed China as the most populous country. (Chinese population actually ticked down a thin hair.) Sub-Saharan Africa has its numbers woes. The list could go on. What to do? "There's enough for everyone" is wearing pretty thin. Even IF that were true, shunting food etc. around the globe is scarcely cost-effective. Bill Gates suggests a 90%+ reduction in population. Which sounds good till you realize that'd be implemented so as to have a planet made up largely of the Gates globalist ilk . Any prognostications or thoughts?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps Gates will volunteer himself as a reduction for the population. Every fewer mouth helps.

Is gender affirming surgery part of population control?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Meanwhile the Netherlands (apparently world's largest exporter of food) want to shut down farms to reduce the amount of Nitrogen in the ecosystem. Currently the atmosphere is 78% Nitrogen.

Nitrogen-based fertilizers are made from atmospheric Nitrogen. I wonder if more farms would result in more capture of nitrogen.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
"There's enough for everyone"
There is.
The problem however is twofold:

1.People hoarding more resources than they need to live a decent life
2.The mismanagement of said resources due to corruption or plain incompetence

Bill Gates suggests a 90%+ reduction in population
Realistically this kind of thing wouldn't work as they like to think it would.

After all, who would be the ones "ok" to die in order for the rest to survive?
And what about the loss of manpower and knowledge needed to make whole towns function?Sewage treatment, energy, medicine, technology, communication, teaching...even if people lived in villages there would still have a need of certain skills and knowledge to make life a bit easier, and any and all of these could end up lost just because rather than properly manage resources, those on top decided for the laziest and most simple way.

Because killing is simple, with the technology nowadays it's even easy, but it will never be the answer for this problem in my opinion.
Post automatically merged:

No.
That is something related to one's expresison of themselves, how they see themselves as and feel like.

It is something to help them achieve their own goals body-wise, usually to deal with gender dysphoria.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Much of the post-WW2 baby boom seems to have been caused by those dying at a young age in the war, wanting to be reborn in a hurry to make the grade for the sifting that occurred just before the year 2000.

It seems that those that did not make the grade will be reborn in solar systems better suited to their learning style.

My observation of those born after 1995 is that they generally have a much clearer view of their planetary responsibilities.

Various nations have signed up to ethical rules for managing the solar system. The rules are contrary to global politics as currently practiced. What is the incentive?

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I always say that when it comes to food, we will always have something to eat so long as we have each other.
My understanding that in the ancient and not so ancient past, India and China and parts of Africa have understood what the above implies and implemented protocols through necessity. But maybe they found further utility. Perhaps they found enjoyment, perhaps we might too.

I think that, if I had thoughts, I might think that such a term as "overpopulation" could be replaced by more polite terms such as "surplus" and "bulk quantities". Certain anachronisms such as the transorbital lobotomy might become tools of cultivation and husbandry. Trains, which supply so much through rapid movement, might supply more, in a certain specific manner that they have done in the past.

I have had conversation with those who do not think of Gates as "entrepreneur" and "visionary", etc., but as "epicure".

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I always say that when it comes to food, we will always have something to eat so long as we have each other.
My understanding that in the ancient and not so ancient past, India and China and parts of Africa have understood what the above implies and implemented protocols through necessity. But maybe they found further utility. Perhaps they found enjoyment, perhaps we might too.

I think that, if I had thoughts, I might think that such a term as "overpopulation" could be replaced by more polite terms such as "surplus" and "bulk quantities". Certain anachronisms such as the transorbital lobotomy might become tools of cultivation and husbandry. Trains, which supply so much through rapid movement, might supply more, in a certain specific manner that they have done in the past.

I have had conversation with those who do not think of Gates as "entrepreneur" and "visionary", etc., but as "epicure".

You are not allowed in my survival bunker.

Reaction score
Awards
We aren’t overpopulated. We are just terrible inefficient wasters of resources and of the capacity to produce resources.

Overpopulation claims are usually spouted by people who have multiple vacation houses, rooms dedicated to holding clothes they only wear once or twice, and they fly (often in private jets) half way around the world to talk about how there are not enough resources.

Even people who aren’t rich still just mean that other people (not them) need to cut back/die off/etc…. I mean how much energy does social media alone burn through in a year. Do we really need to know what our favorite celebrity/quasi-celebrity is doing every second of every day? And of course our needing to live vicariously through them allows them to make the kind of money that it takes for them to burn through as many resources as tens of thousands of “regular” people.

And not that we have the stomach for that anyway as a society. We just had a pandemic that offered to kill off millions more but we choose (not saying it was the wrong choice) to spend a ton of resources to dampen that population purge.

And we produce/store so much content that at this rate we’ll have to cover Jupiter in data centers just to hold it all a century or so.

(as I post about the wasting of resources on a website - yeah I get the irony)

-Eld

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards

That is something related to one's expresison of themselves, how they see themselves as and feel like.

It is something to help them achieve their own goals body-wise, usually to deal with gender dysphoria.

I think both of you are right. Everybody who is into occultism has heard the stories of how shamans were androgynous for example. And I do not doubt that there are (and always have been) individuals who feel as though they are stuck in the wrong body.
That today's science can help these people become (more like how they see) themselves is awesome.

But the number of young people who in today's world "realize" that they are trans is simply not realistic and in my opinion absolutely stinks of mass-indoctrination of impressionable minds.

I wouldn't be surprised if things like plastics and additives in food, enforced experimental "medicine", and who knows what contribute to this.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Overpopulation claims are usually spouted by people who
... want to visit all kinds of destination spots around the world without having to see and deal with the lumpenprole (defined as the 90% of 'useless eaters' that aren't directly serving the needs of that 0.1%.)

No, I get it, really. Did Earth really need billions of humans right about now? That said, I have no faith in their global-techno-utopia plans to manage the human herds into virtual confinement zones to ostensibly 'save the planet.' Except... imagine using magic to break as many of their toys as possible. Even with an average life span of 75 years, the odds are against a child being born today surviving until 2100. Billions now living will be dead by then. The real question is, how many will replace those dying in the coming decades?

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
But the number of young people who in today's world "realize" that they are trans is simply not realistic and in my opinion absolutely stinks of mass-indoctrination of impressionable minds.
I don't know at what point this is simply the case of "trans rights and trans people speaking up" becoming a more common occurrence than it was years ago(in no small part due to the social medias that make it easy to spread knowledge and ideas), and at what point it might indeed be the case of people being easily influenced(again, due to social medias).

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the middle.

But let's be honest, ever since humans started to gather together in groups that it is common for some to influence others through many means and for many reasons(wealth, charisma, martial power, ideologies, etc.).

And I for one doubt that the amount of LGBT people "showing up" would make as much as a dent in human population as others think.

You can't really see hundreds or thousands and think that they're millions or even billions.It might seem like "a lot of people", but that's only because their message is being more easily spread through the world.Next to straight people, the amount is still small.

I have no faith in their global-techno-utopia plans to manage the human herds
The cyberpunk genre really seems to show what life would be like even if technology was advanced.

Unless we change the way societies are managed, unless we change the minds of those with power and that use that power to make the laws and rules to control everyone else, there will always be this pyramid where the few hoard almost everything at the expense of the majority.

And it is very hard to change people's minds, even more so those on top that are so used to feel special and dettached from "the rest".

I mean, have you ever heard of "
"?That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've seen for a while.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps Gates will volunteer himself as a reduction for the population. Every fewer mouth helps.

Meanwhile the Netherlands (apparently world's largest exporter of food) want to shut down farms to reduce the amount of Nitrogen in the ecosystem. Currently the atmosphere is 78% Nitrogen.

Nitrogen-based fertilizers are made from atmospheric Nitrogen. I wonder if more farms would result in more capture of nitrogen.

"Gender-affirming surgery"? A band-aid on a burst artery. Besides which, if one is reducing population, some eugenics should be in order. The deranged who go in for said surgery are scarcely that.

I don't know at what point this is simply the case of "trans rights and trans people speaking up" becoming a more common occurrence than it was years ago(in no small part due to the social medias that make it easy to spread knowledge and ideas), and at what point it might indeed be the case of people being easily influenced(again, due to social medias).

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the middle.

But let's be honest, ever since humans started to gather together in groups that it is common for some to influence others through many means and for many reasons(wealth, charisma, martial power, ideologies, etc.).

And I for one doubt that the amount of LGBT people "showing up" would make as much as a dent in human population as others think.

You can't really see hundreds or thousands and think that they're millions or even billions.It might seem like "a lot of people", but that's only because their message is being more easily spread through the world.Next to straight people, the amount is still small.

The cyberpunk genre really seems to show what life would be like even if technology was advanced.

Unless we change the way societies are managed, unless we change the minds of those with power and that use that power to make the laws and rules to control everyone else, there will always be this pyramid where the few hoard almost everything at the expense of the majority.

And it is very hard to change people's minds, even more so those on top that are so used to feel special and dettached from "the rest".

I mean, have you ever heard of "
"?That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've seen for a while.
It is, I aver, rather too late to "change minds." As Swift said, "You cannot argue a man out of a position he did not argue his way into." Seeing the world as an orange to be squeezed---the whole wealth & consumption mindset---is the real pandemic, one immune to argument.

No apologies. The world is dying through overexploitation---of which human numbers form one aspect---and you're worried about being POLITE?! Listen, dearie, we can't safe space our way out of this.

Last edited:

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
and you're worried about being POLITE?!
It's jargon. Sales jingles. Expressions of the old Dominant fitted to the new - billboards and flying banners and direct mail advertising. Sell the product. Get with the program or get away from it, sugarplum.

Listen, dearie, we can't safe space our way out of this.
I was thinking of joining one of those elite psychic A-Teams that have popped up on WF from time to time, if they will have me. They can be highly selective, but I'm on the menu.

Check it out, here's my pitch: 6'5 270 lb. Braided pigtails, school girl dress, picnic basket, shaves occasionally. May have access to a Joe Biden Commemorative AR-14 with 100 round clip magazine. No pets.

Any takers? Anyone?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I might not worry about population for a while

A new projection of the population growth rate highlights that the world’s population could peak at 8.5 billion people by 2050, and decline to 7 billion in 2100

Perhaps Buckminster Fuller had the way forward: doing more with less

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
and decline to 7 billion in 2100
Still too many. Percentage of cyborgs at that date?

I'm down with Buckey's portable geodesic houses, but I would want mine lined with Kevlar. He was right, the Universe is tension...

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I might not worry about population for a while

A new projection of the population growth rate highlights that the world’s population could peak at 8.5 billion people by 2050, and decline to 7 billion in 2100

Perhaps Buckminster Fuller had the way forward: doing more with less
Could be. But then, just before the unpleasantness hit the fan in late 2007, I recall projections assuring us that we had finally cracked the secret of having an "ever rising stock market." When I was a kid, projections warned of a looming new Ice Age. I take my projections with a grain of salt and a slug of slivowitz, thank you.

It's jargon. Sales jingles. Expressions of the old Dominant fitted to the new - billboards and flying banners and direct mail advertising. Sell the product. Get with the program or get away from it, sugarplum.

I was thinking of joining one of those elite psychic A-Teams that have popped up on WF from time to time, if they will have me. They can be highly selective, but I'm on the menu.

Check it out, here's my pitch: 6'5 270 lb. Braided pigtails, school girl dress, picnic basket, shaves occasionally. May have access to a Joe Biden Commemorative AR-14 with 100 round clip magazine. No pets.

Any takers? Anyone?
Careful. You pair POTUS with any weapons references and you'll be having an FBI SWAT team over for a very early breakfast, break-fest, whichever. That's tertiary stage democracy metastasizing into sumpin' a whole lot uglier.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
you'll be having an FBI SWAT team over for a very early breakfast,
They usually show up around 3am. These were dirt cheap a couple of years ago, and they sold really fast.

Next-Level-Armament-ar14-1000-600x449.jpg

Now that's primary democracy at work for you!

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
yeah the overpopulation program, you drive an hour out of the city and you are in the rimboe. so first question would be: how many people on m2 or square acre would be overpopulation? the answer is: every third world country we can find.

i think stalkingheyena says it right: having leverage is fun until someone has a gun.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
They usually show up around 3am. These were dirt cheap a couple of years ago, and they sold really fast.

Next-Level-Armament-ar14-1000-600x449.jpg

Now that's primary democracy at work for you!
A mob with guns is one of the strongest arguments for hierarchy known to man's kinds. Combat isn't like playing jazz.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
We need to break free from this zoo. This prison. I'm ready to go.... see what the other side offers. If we keep overpopulation this Planet. We are going to blow it up!😃