• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] WF and Atmosphere

Everyone's got one.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
As is oft said, in magick emotion and ambiance count for a great deal. Ergo, the following suggestions. When a member is temporarily banned maybe say, "______ is undergoing occultation." You know, like them Shi'ite imams what disappeared. Likewise, in the case of a permanent ban, say "_______ has been culled as an opfer." Besides lending the proceedings an air of awful mystery, it might infuse members with a healthy dread of transgressing. I'm a chronic recidivist and I've got me scared already.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I wished people could take a hint after getting a tempo ban.
You need to scare 'em. Don't say "tempo ban." Say "Exiled to Yamaloka," complete with graphic drawings or video. It's like my Little League coach used to tell us, "No PTSD, no gain."

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
You need to scare 'em. Don't say "tempo ban." Say "Exiled to Yamaloka," complete with graphic drawings or video. It's like my Little League coach used to tell us, "No PTSD, no gain."
Yeah but that would only increase the "look me being bad and cool" thing.
Might be better if the Unicorn and Snowflake badge got handed out a bit more frequent 😊

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah but that would only increase the "look me being bad and cool" thing.
Might be better if the Unicorn and Snowflake badge got handed out a bit more frequent 😊
There is the whole anti-hero mystique, yes. And the Scarlet Letter would act as an aphrodisiac. Would there be legal problems with saying: "Suspended For Suspicion of Pedophilia" ? That's about the only taboo left. And the charge would be simple "suspicion."

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
about that anti hero mystique: every time i think heroine aka female hero i get HARC nocking at my door asking where is the stash. HARC is the harbor police involved in drugtrafficking in rotterdam. im thinking of getting a trampstamp in the astral or something, cause THEY are that stupid.

scarlet used to help cause she was an internetprovider, just like bbnet. which makes all the arabs and turks go: food , where ? as bibi means turkey as in non flying bird.

and then we have the pedophilia, yeah well. lets keep it nice and say i didnt have a nice upbringing. wanna talk about that? and break that taboo? its not a taboo to me, its just gross. i specifically asked for borders due to my past and i find wf very helpful in doing that.

Reaction score
Awards
I wished people could take a hint after getting a tempo ban.
Kind of difficult to say this place is an open friendly place with ban happy mods.
No worries, my occultation advised me never to post anything again other than in journals or replies to threads not mine. Hint received loud and clear.

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
No worries, my occultation advised me never to post anything again other than in journals or replies to threads not mine. Hint received loud and clear.
I also advised you to not bring this up again. I get you are bitter but what will this accomplish? 🤦

My guy you posted 20 percent of entirety of this forums posts by yourself, yet you were still breaking rules, that must feel like a spit in the face for @SkullTraill

I don't agree with the ban honestly, but you are hardly a victim. As for mods, they don't even have ban privileges why do you include them? LMAO

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Kind of difficult to say this place is an open friendly place with ban happy mods.
Welcome back @Diluculo_DelFuego . I look forward into reading more posts in the Sun and Moon journal that you have.

Reaction score
Awards
Appreciate it Aeturnus, thank you. Vandheer, I have to thank you as well, I just had to say something as it seemed slightly ... off ... shall we say. Not trying to spit in anyone's face, just saying.

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Appreciate it Aeturnus, thank you. Vandheer, I have to thank you as well, I just had to say something as it seemed slightly ... off ... shall we say. Not trying to spit in anyone's face, just saying.
Suppose you should dm Skull about it in that case. This thread smells bait.

Its just a forum. There are bigger fish to fry.

Reaction score
Awards
In my tempo ban, I studied Python and Modern Magic, so my occultation was a success I must say.

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
In my tenpo ban, I studied Python and Modern Magic, so my occultation was a success I must say.
Very good 😀.

I think you would do some great art using the Turtle module (that is an idea I would give to your further posts in your journal etc). Though I must say, art in Turtle module is quite the trick as it has a lot of commands and you literally have to visualize a lot of details of the canvas in your mind.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, and does the Modern Magic you studied combine Hermetics and Shem workings? Just asking

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, been keeping tabs on other reading too. To a lesser degree over the past couple of weeks. Lesson Nine talks about Greater Key of Solomon pentacles as evocation sigils, which I found fascinating.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
In my tempo ban, I studied Python and Modern Magic, so my occultation was a success I must say.
Welcome back! I know, it's harder tunneling out of the Bastille with a grapefruit spoon when your head's encased in an iron mask like I'm sure it was. Any suggestions about the nomenclature for punishment? We seem to have hit a dead end with my suggestions.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
you were still breaking rules
To be fair, before banning happens the user is given a lot of warnings.Firstly verbal ones and then the ones where you can see they were warned.
Only after keeping doing what they're doing that they get temporarily banned.

If someone insists in breaking the rules, despite knowing them and being constantly warned against, do you think it is unfair to get punished for that?
EDIT: I quoted Vandheer's post but my question is for Diluculo.

Reaction score
Awards
There were no verbal warnings that I recall. Perhaps they were years ago. I just think that other people have broken rules as well, but that might just be my take.
Whatever the case, I made my time productive

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, been keeping tabs on other reading too. To a lesser degree over the past couple of weeks. Lesson Nine talks about Greater Key of Solomon pentacles as evocation sigils, which I found fascinating.
Wow! It is indeed fascinating. I think Solomon was a wise man back to the Age he lived in.

Thanks for sharing btw

Status
Not open for further replies.