• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] WF and Atmosphere

Everyone's got one.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
There were no verbal warnings that I recall. Perhaps they were years ago. I just think that other people have broken rules as well, but that might just be my take.
Whatever the case, I made my time productive

I thought the length of your tem ban was slightly harsh but I get why it was done.

Frequency.

You have posted something in the wrong sections multiple times and I’m sure the staff was getting tired of having to verbally warn you and move the thread.

It was creating extra work that was unnecessary.

So them losing patience and coming down hard was is understandable.

I mean hey I like you and enjoy your contributions so this isn’t me taking a side but explaining that in context it was probably a fair punishment.

But my advice would be just learn from it and move on because venting isn’t going to help.

Just going forward if I were you I’d make double sure I was creating a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

But anyway… Welcome Back!!

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I thought the length of your tem ban was slightly harsh but I get why it was done.

Frequency.

You have posted something in the wrong sections multiple times and I’m sure the staff was getting tired of having to verbally warn you and move the thread.

It was creating extra work that was unnecessary.

So them losing patience and coming down hard was is understandable.

I mean hey I like you and enjoy your contributions so this isn’t me taking a side but explaining that in context it was probably a fair punishment.

But my advice would be just learn from it and move on because venting isn’t going to help.

Just going forward if I were you I’d make double sure I was creating a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

But anyway… Welcome Back!!
As a teacher the past couple decades, I have noticed that if enough people make the same mistake often enough, the mistake becomes "correct." Case in point: "I could care less" started out as the logically more tenable, "I couldn't care less." Or, again, "Beg the question" was the logical fallacy petitio principii until folks started confusing it with "invite the question."

I think DelFuego's strategy is to train the moderators by his frequent sins of topical taxonomy till they cave in and adopt his notions about classification.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I wasn't going to reply to this anymore, but okay.
As anybody who has ever gotten a warning knows: you get a DM from the staff member who issued the warning, and so @Diluculo_DelFuego knows exactly who banned him and why. To make a broad statement about ban-happy mods is a sneaky way to incite others to comment on staff they feel a grudge against (in my opinion) Just as this whole thread.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
As anybody who has ever gotten a warning knows: you get a DM from the staff member who issued the warning, and so @Diluculo_DelFuego knows exactly who banned him and why. To make a broad statement about ban-happy mods is a sneaky way to incite others to comment on staff they feel a grudge against (in my opinion) Just as this whole thread.
This whole thread was a joke. Simply that. I posted something in the wrong section. I got my comeuppance. If I had anything to say by way of complaint, it would have been spoken as a complaint. Ask your colleagues: some weeks back I got into hot water for something. I sent a rather unkind PM to the party who banned me. In the present case I own up to my misdeed. Think of these grousings as gallows-humor. If you think that is "sneaky," your hide is pretty thin and your perspective pretty skewed. I may deserve a bitch slap now and again. Don't expect me to lick the the hand that slapped me, however justly. The hand or any other anatomical appurtenance.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
This whole thread was a joke. Simply that. I posted something in the wrong section. I got my comeuppance. If I had anything to say by way of complaint, it would have been spoken as a complaint. Ask your colleagues: some weeks back I got into hot water for something. I sent a rather unkind PM to the party who banned me. In the present case I own up to my misdeed. Thing of these grousings as gallows-humor. If you think that is "sneaky," your hide is pretty thin and your perspective pretty skewed.
Not thin skinned at all. Did you ever make a thread that isn't "humor" by the way?

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards

Yeah I'm a member of a sports forum elsewhere that is built on the same software and I've only been Temp Banned once in 15 years and what I did was a mistake on my part that I didn't mean to do.

I was Temp banned for 30 days.

What I did was against the rules whether it was an accident or not so I just ate it and came back without comment and moved on like nothing ever happened.

But yes in that case I did receive a PM from the Mod who banned me an why they banned me. They said they knew I likely just made a mistake but they had to enforce the rules and ban me anyway.

No hard feelings.

Most good forums operate this way.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
in my beginning days of wf i was quite confused with the term troll. for one cause their is trolldom in nordic magick. not the nicest beings, but non the less. and then online a troll was someone who derails or reposts. that made a little sense, cause humor and text or sarcasm and text is a strange thing. and then i realized that there are people who can nag each other without typing and i got confused, cause if you only mod on text on an occult forum things go wrong. so how deep does a mod mod on an occult and esoteric forum? noone thought of that.

i noticed that forums who reached that border went all for a paywall. in the mystical/sufi lane it is the border between cult and group. in the mean time wf goes down twice and now we have new mods and a new site with an owner who dares to state the truth. i still dont get it when xeno makes fun, is sarcastic or really is fishing for more.

due to that its my firm believe that wf 4.0 is a very new way of thinking and working and that we truly differ from other occult sites. my spiritual mods come in diverse forms and i advice to tell your spirits to learn from it. occult and esoteric means a multidimensional website.

i hope mr.deliculo had a nice sunmoon with his family, it is well deserved to be with ones riches. ;)

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Kind of difficult to say this place is an open friendly place with ban happy mods.
Pathetic and infantile reaction. Out of all members on this forum, you have been cut the most slack... by a huuuuge margin. You make the same mistakes over and over again because you have a raging hard on for impulsively sharing whatever you want to say without thinking twice.

No worries, my occultation advised me never to post anything again other than in journals or replies to threads not mine. Hint received loud and clear.
Great, stick to those sections if you're too fucking stupid to understand the rules, and/or the supreme leniency that has been afforded to you.

Idiot.

There were no verbal warnings that I recall. Perhaps they were years ago. I just think that other people have broken rules as well, but that might just be my take.
Whatever the case, I made my time productive
Stfu. There have been several times where I myself have moved your threads without a warning, moved your threads and posted a reply/notification that it was moved and to post in the correct section.

Forget the verbal warnings, let's have a look at actual official warnings:
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 17.16.09.png

As you can see, you have 3 (THREE) proper, full-on, official warnings by staff members for wrong section posting BEFORE any ban. Those alone would have been plenty for anyone with an IQ over 60 to get the hint. Then you caught yourself a relaxed 3 DAY short ban. That's light by anyone's standards. The issue is, the DAY AFTER you get unbanned from your 3 day ban, you come in and post another thread in the wrong section.

I don't care what you think or say, THAT is a spit in the face of all the grace and leniency you got. Only then did you get the 2 week ban.

That's not to mention the fact that we did not even have a warning type for Wrong Section until recently... but of course, you've been posting in the wrong section ever since you signed up... so then what were those if not verbal/non-official warnings when we moved your threads and notified you?

I dare anyone now to look at this and tell me I've been too harsh on this dipshit.

Ridiculous.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
youre in luck, i went to salt lake city and brought you a souvenir:
Pink-salt-himalayan.png

Reaction score
Awards
I always did love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir...my apologies. I was wrong. Several times it appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.