• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Building up, intensifying, strengthening desire, passion and will

Reaction score
Awards
If you seem to be lacking in will, desire, or passion; what is the best way to build them up, build them to be very intense, and then strengthening them?
Where would this factor into the Hierarchy of Needs?

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
lacking in will, desire, or passion
If you lack will you don't want to do a thing, if you lack desire you don't have a purpose and if you lack passion you don't give a damn about the results.
Those three are about and demand different things.

For will I would suggest to just do anything, at all.Go out for a walk, try to complete all the sidequests of a game, read just a chapter of a book.
Will is something that you build with time(and discipline in some cases), and sometimes you have to force yourself to just "move", "do something" rather than let yourself be stuck in place by your lack of will.To have will is also to be stubborn.

Anything is better than nothing.

Desire is very subjective so it is hard to give advice on it.My best bet is to make a short list of the things you like in life and of those pick one to follow up on it(for example, if you like to sing but lack the desire to develop your skill, go sing in the shower or do covers of songs.Maybe that will ignite your desire once more).You can also pick/go seek something you never thought you would want/do(a novelty so to say) and see if this doesn't help you get back your desire, as humans tend to like new things rather easily.

As for passion...I don't know.It probably will be the same advice as the other two, just go for something, hope for the best and wait to see if with time it will bring you what you seek.
build them to be very intense
You can try to "build them to be very intense" but they probably wouldn't last long.
We tend to go through periods where sometimes there are high and others where they're low, it isn't a fixed thing.
It's just like with happiness, you're never always happy, what you have moments of happiness that might be happening in sequence(until broken, of course).

Where would this factor into the Hierarchy of Needs?
I don't know what is this hierarchy, but I think that at least will is necessary for survival, while desire and passion are less important, if we were to compare them.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
When I run into people that are struggling with spiritual oppression, one of the early questions is: Are you angry?

Those that are angry have the energy to fight back and to rescue themselves

I cannot do much with those that are depressed

So: do you wish to be free? Whence are you getting the energy for that?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I just found out rage, im way past anger, makes you deaf, blind and numb. I still had intent, so slow healing it is.

@Roma and sage: thank you both, very real and helpful answers.

I know my rage had reasons, but in the end i lost will and had to totally Trust while i knew a 100% possession was heading my way. ( ive had that stuff go wrong before, so scarry shit) now it is slowly getting better, but if i didnt have my own personal intent and passion i dont think i would have come out.

(And a husband, of course, who also understands how to make me properly angry. I really lost it this time, with my mum death and stuff. Wyrd, but come to think of it, might this be the reason why often men mourn a shorter time then women. Idk, just looking at several cultures and my experiences the last year.)

Reaction score
Awards
When I run into people that are struggling with spiritual oppression, one of the early questions is: Are you angry?

Those that are angry have the energy to fight back and to rescue themselves

I cannot do much with those that are depressed

So: do you wish to be free? Whence are you getting the energy for that?
True on the depression bit. Being depressed affects your feelings, hence your will, desire and ability to create or visualize. Even worse when you have deeper psych issues ... There are medications which will allow a person to visualize again.

Reaction score
Awards
Roma. I have at the very least deep seated issues, which in the states are termed a chronic condition. That's what I was getting at with the visualization.

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know, since the heart flame and room of blue light don't seem to do anything.

Reaction score
Awards
Quite so. There is a black astral "octopus" settled into your intestines - feeding off you.

What are you going to do about it?
What I was getting at is chronic depression is not something a person jumps off their meds at a drop of a dime and miraculously recovers.

Reaction score
Awards
I guess what I personally am going to do personally is continue in the neophyte Formula. Between the antidepressant and the LBRP, I should feel my normal self.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
You need to fix the octopus. Are you giving permission for it? For example LHP practices involve inviting many poorly understood entities. Are those invitations still in place?

As for antidepressants, a decade ago a local journalist, psychologically healthy, decided to take antidepressants for a radio program he was making. He said in 2 weeks he became suicidal. That provided some good material for his program

There is a lesson there somewhere

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Permissions are often passive. I read an account of a girl at 12 being abused by her father. She did not object and a decade later her therapist had a great deal of trouble ejecting possessing entities - until he understood the original permission - not objecting

Then it was a matter of the woman seeing that the abuse was wrong and rejecting it

So what wrong-doing have you walked past without at least objecting emotionally or mentally. Walking past is a passive permission.

Eventually you will lift the vibration of your light body so that those permissions drop out. Eventually can be many lifetimes

Reaction score
Awards
There was once in a rough area of town in chacagos NW side, an assault took place. I could not have stopped the guy. I did call police.

Same with domestic disputes in my hood 5 years ago.

A couple things I did not refuse, these may be the octos.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
If you can move your consciousness to higher mental (5.3+) you may be able to intend that all improper permissions be discarded

Reaction score
Awards
More importantly, anyone else notice from NPR that the north Asia and Europe have had a lot of fires going recently?