• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What's after death?

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
What do you believe happens after death?

Rebirth on Earth as a new human?
Rebirth on Earth as a different species?
Rebirth on a different plane/dimension?
Continuing on in a different plane/dimension? Like heaven or hell...
Continuing on in a parallel universe where you never died... on and on forever till you're the last person alive?
Something, but something inexplicable...?
Nothing?

Let me know your thoughts...
What happens after death is whatever you expect. Or more precisely, whatever afterlife you've believed in. I have ancestors in Heaven, and older Norse ancestors in Hel. Both groups are happy where they are, and have made efforts to patch things up between me and the dieties they believed in while alive. (No luck) It dosen't seem that either group believe in reincarnation, or have any plans to reincarnate. Neither were too thrilled about my spirituality, or some of the beings I work with, in line with the religious worldview they had in life. ("Demons", "Monsters", "strange foreign gods", etc)

I've actually found the perspective of my ancestors to be quite disturbing. The control and manipulation of humans by the powers that be does not seem to end with death, but continue, even for thousands of years.

Shaman

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I strongly believe in rebirth till you're evolved enough to live elsewhere (wherever that is). I received this information from my spirit, the universe and my clairsentient feeling also tells me it's true.

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I strongly believe in rebirth till you're evolved enough to live elsewhere (wherever that is). I received this information from my spirit, the universe and my clairsentient feeling also tells me it's true.
I agree that's how it's "supposed" to be. But this can be derailed by a strong enough religious belief, as in the case of my ancestors, at least the ones I've had contact with.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
What happens after death is whatever you expect. Or more precisely, whatever afterlife you've believed in. I have ancestors in Heaven, and older Norse ancestors in Hel. Both groups are happy where they are, and have made efforts to patch things up between me and the dieties they believed in while alive. (No luck) It dosen't seem that either group believe in reincarnation, or have any plans to reincarnate. Neither were too thrilled about my spirituality, or some of the beings I work with, in line with the religious worldview they had in life. ("Demons", "Monsters", "strange foreign gods", etc)

I've actually found the perspective of my ancestors to be quite disturbing. The control and manipulation of humans by the powers that be does not seem to end with death, but continue, even for thousands of years.
How do you know that these were indeed your ancestors? Oldest scammer trick in the cosmos is to claim long lost kinship. How to control for that?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Does the question have any fruitful answer? Hemingway famously said, "In the face of death, we're all virgins." Let's go with that. How did you imagine your first sexual experience would be? Your first real fight, for that matter? Was the reality anything like it? I doubt the powers that sway the cosmos (and the chaos) are much swayed by my opinions on what's after death. More to the point, I might be barking up all the wrong trees in my "prepartions."

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
How do you know that these were indeed your ancestors? Oldest scammer trick in the cosmos is to claim long lost kinship. How to control for that?
The same way I verify any spirits identity, do divination and ask a trusted guide/familiar. Fooling a living human is one thing, a spirit fooling another spirit is way harder. Nothing is absolutely foolproof, Freya has wormed her way past my familiars in disguise. But that amount of talent and effort is extremely rare.

Mars

Neophyte
Reaction score

Samsara and Karma in a nutshell. Depending on if

a) Only if You have an uniqueness aspect to your Ātman, or else you just go back into the soil. "Not everyone has a soul"

b) To which Gods you surrendered yourself either conciously through Bhakti-Yoga or subconsciously through Ahamkara you reach their corresponding planets, Sol, Mars, Venus, Brahmaloka etc. and may reincarnate. Can also happen to reincarnate into animals, plants or also other -humanoids- Beings in this Universe. *

c) if you remembered Krsna while you die you reach Grsnaloka (B.G. 4.9), the highest plane and incorporate yourself again into the Absolute. See the Bardo Thödöl. "Identifying yourself with the light" *

* Your Karma must also be "depleted" or made "obsolete" before this can happen. B.G. 18.66

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
No one I know of has returned from the dead after decomposition of the brain. I'm not an atheist, but I have my doubts about life after death for mortals even though my hobby is necromancy... Irony of it, i know.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
No one I know of has returned from the dead after decomposition of the brain. I'm not an atheist, but I have my doubts about life after death for mortals even though my hobby is necromancy... Irony of it, i know.
There are those who insist, with some cogency, that what gets called spirits of the dead are simply low-grade,low-life spirits reflecting back at folks what they project in memory about the dead. Sort of like ectoplasmic panhandlers out for your emotional spare change. Thus, necromancy might actually be in contact with other beings even thought we mortals perish utterly.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
There are those who insist, with some cogency, that what gets called spirits of the dead are simply low-grade,low-life spirits reflecting back at folks what they project in memory about the dead. Sort of like ectoplasmic panhandlers out for your emotional spare change. Thus, necromancy might actually be in contact with other beings even though we mortals perish utterly.
I have always thought this to be a strong possibility. A bit like the 'Dark Forest' theory of alien civilisations; when you yell out into the dark, you have no control over, and no idea of, what is going to answer you. Or how.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I have always thought this to be a strong possibility. A bit like the 'Dark Forest' theory of alien civilisations; when you yell out into the dark, you have no control over, and no idea of, what is going to answer you. Or how.
I bet Roma would know 🗿

Also, based novel.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Same as internet dating, no? Seriously, it's a lot like military intell. One starts to traffic in "known unknowns," "unknown unknowns," etc. Verifying sources is the damndest part.

Yeah, Roma often told us. But that takes us back to the source verification quandry again. It's hard to establish creds online.

Flavius

Neophyte
Reaction score
What do you believe happens after death?

Rebirth on Earth as a new human?
Rebirth on Earth as a different species?
Rebirth on a different plane/dimension?
Continuing on in a different plane/dimension? Like heaven or hell...
Continuing on in a parallel universe where you never died... on and on forever till you're the last person alive?
Something, but something inexplicable...?
Nothing?

Let me know your thoughts...
For most people what awaits them is the second death and perhaps rebirth via the primordial ancestor (a flawed solution to death). For the elite few there is the attainment of immortality as seen with Heracles who succeeded in his tasks as opposed to a similar solar/heroic figure who failed (Gilgamesh).

Leontios

Visitor
Reaction score
Speaking as an autist who originally entered into the occult to address the question of death, and in my then view necessarily demonstrate the existence of a spirituality reality, this would amount to saying "there is no accounting for neurotypicals", to use a perhaps politer or less political psychological term. It would probably be difficult to get a straight answer out of an atheist (nevermind a fundamentalist Christian), but you could probably find enough agnostics to ask why they haven't actually either researched NDE's etc, or if taken as necessary, taken steps to sufficiently demonstrate a spiritual reality for themselves.

While unless there is an encylopedia out that that includes eatern methodologies, I can't claim that the spiritual field is yet organized in informational terms, I wouldn't call the basics to either informationally confirm a reality after deateh, or even encounter the spiritual world, all that hidden at least in literal terms.
Post automatically merged:

The only that it hidden in these most basic terms a willingness to go to the end, "

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Speaking as an autist who originally entered into the occult to address the question of death, and in my then view necessarily demonstrate the existence of a spirituality reality, this would amount to saying "there is no accounting for neurotypicals", to use a perhaps politer or less political psychological term. It would probably be difficult to get a straight answer out of an atheist (nevermind a fundamentalist Christian), but you could probably find enough agnostics to ask why they haven't actually either researched NDE's etc, or if taken as necessary, taken steps to sufficiently demonstrate a spiritual reality for themselves.

While unless there is an encylopedia out that that includes eatern methodologies, I can't claim that the spiritual field is yet organized in informational terms, I wouldn't call the basics to either informationally confirm a reality after deateh, or even encounter the spiritual world, all that hidden at least in literal terms.

The only that it hidden in these most basic terms a willingness to go to the end, "

Are you sure?

Are you sure?
what is the end is but another beginning. But that there are entities that imitate ones we love for diabolical ends is sure.
And that amnesia is systematic is also sure. I get what your saying, I have my spectrum as well, but I use my loops in ways I would never give up.
They make me stronger now. I got to skip over a lot of things some neurotypicals find difficult. And as I have seen, I have seen.
There is no end.

Last edited:

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
We're too intelligent species to say there is nothing after death.

Even though nobody has proof and even though this topic is mocked one way or another by scientific community, what we do have is scientific proof that energy does not vanish, all universe is matter and energy, and we have proof that energy transforms from one state to another.

One might not need to believe in spirits or ghosts but who is to say that spirit isn't a form of energy?
Let's not forget that matter and energy is not fully explored, think of dark matter and dark energy...

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It's a classic mistake (with quantum physics, for example) to say that because two things are both mysterious, they must be connected.

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It's a classic mistake (with quantum physics, for example) to say that because two things are both mysterious, they must be connected.
I'm not saying spirits must be connected to dark energy, all that I'm saying is that spirits might be a form of energy, very likely unrelated to dark energy.
The only thing common is that both are mysterious and unexplored, and don't need to be connected at all.