• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What's after death?

Reaction score
Awards
RE: What's after death?
SUBTOPIC: A Supernatural Environment Beyond Life?
※→ Callie, Scottish Pride, et al,

I'm not so sure that "
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
" → some agency by a Cosmic Intelligence (The Providence is essentially the "First Cause," the "Creator," the "Ultimate Power of the Universe," or the "Supreme Being") that determines everything and every outcome of each action is universally accepted. The
(PSR), in short, sets the condition that → every fact, event, or condition must have a reason behind that outcome.

(COMMENT)

"Fate" implies "supernatural powers" that guide a series of events to a predetermined settlement. Together, the dual concepts of PSR and Fate, (
a type of foreknowledge) are opposed to the idea of "free will."

Most Respectfully,
R
And in regards to parallel universes, what if the "you" in universe "B" has not passed away, what happens a "Quantum Leap" type merge of the two?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
what if the "you" in universe "B" has not passed away,
There are more than two of you. It is called parallel processing.

Some of the other yous are ahead of this timeline and others behind. Data/learning exchange often occurs in dreams.

Sometimes a sense of deja vu (already seen) is the result of a transfer of experience - possibly from parallel but also past/future on this timeline.

As for passing away - that is the physical form (and emotional and mental forms in some cases) that is lost. The inner plane human remains and usually is allocated another physical body.

Some of those I know well have been incarnating on this planet for half a million years

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
It's contradictory for the absolute to remember a separate consciousness but not have it exist.
RE: What's after death?
SUBTOPIC: A Supernatural Environment Beyond Life?
※→ Callie, Scottish Pride, et al,

I'm not so sure that "
" → some agency by a Cosmic Intelligence (The Providence is essentially the "First Cause," the "Creator," the "Ultimate Power of the Universe," or the "Supreme Being") that determines everything and every outcome of each action is universally accepted. The
(PSR), in short, sets the condition that → every fact, event, or condition must have a reason behind that outcome.

(COMMENT)

"Fate" implies "supernatural powers" that guide a series of events to a predetermined settlement. Together, the dual concepts of PSR and Fate, (
a type of foreknowledge) are opposed to the idea of "free will."

Most Respectfully,
R
It is tricky isn't it. I agree that there is a reason behind everything, 3 actually I believe as we are in the third dimension. It is interesting, if you think about it, you can always think of at least 3 reasons for everything and everything you do. Of course you have know yourself very well and be honest with yourself as well as have high awareness of what is going on around you. I do believe though that existence is a contradiction in itself but only in 3 reasons. If you think about it, we could have varying levels of free will. An example, you could be allowed 1 out of say 4 choices and it may even depend on the situation as to what important desired outcomes are for the Creators/Sources plan. I mean does a choice on a flavour of ice cream have a huge effect on the flow of a plan? I guess it could if we are not aware of what the butterfly effect is of that but the Creator/Source would know which choices are allowed and which are not. A possibility, I think of all kinds of stuff...lol I know there is huge debates on free will in many circles.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I think there is nothing for our separate consciousness after we die but that the Creator/Source will never forget that aspect of itself and who we were as a separate consciousness. I used to believe in reincarnation but I did a lot of thinking about it and changed my perspective. I found that fear of death caused me to want to believe in the concept, I am sure this is not the reason for everyone. What I thought was that there is so much evidence of children and people recounting their past lives so to speak so it has to be true. Then I realized that 99.999 percent of everyone does not remember a past life so then technically we are not who we were even if we did reincarnate. We become a product of our personality and experience I believe so consciously, we are not the other person from the past life if it did indeed happen. The people who have recounted past lives do not always act like they are the same personality, they usually remember memories from what I found. I just figured if we don't remember the experiences from a past life then technically when we die as far as we know there is nothing at least in the conscious reality we are in. Of course I never discount the possibilities of that concept. I think the Creator/Source likes to mess with us and hide truths, through us off the trail so to speak, I think our Creator/Source has a sense of humour as well. I will read some other responses as I am curious as what others think and why. Good question to post for sure! :)
I love this take. Especially the idea of an "outer" or "higher" memory that each life lived contributes to, but is not transferred between lives.

Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps this take on another topic fits here....

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
And in regards to parallel universes, what if the "you" in universe "B" has not passed away, what happens a "Quantum Leap" type merge of the two?
I never questioned that! Wow! I think that the "You" in Universe B emerges. Your Soul goes into one whole Universe of yourself. Understand, that your Soul is a Universe Itself.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm a believer in panpsychism (not so much a "believer" as, based on my current knowledge, it's the best explanation for the "hard problem of consciousness")

So I think all matter is conscious, at varying levels of complexity.

When we die, our atoms don't disappear, they get recycled into dirt plants animals etc. So the matter that generates our consciousness also gets dis-organised and diffused throughout the local environment.

That means that out sense of being and having a "self" will not continue, because it was a property of that particular self-sustaining organisation of matter.

Our current consciousness will be gone. Maybe not instantly, but soon

I do not think we are spirits piloting flesh robots. The spirit and the flesh are deeply, inextricably interwoven. The spirit disintegrates and is recycled through nature when the flesh is.

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm a believer in panpsychism (not so much a "believer" as, based on my current knowledge, it's the best explanation for the "hard problem of consciousness")

So I think all matter is conscious, at varying levels of complexity.

When we die, our atoms don't disappear, they get recycled into dirt plants animals etc. So the matter that generates our consciousness also gets dis-organised and diffused throughout the local environment.

That means that out sense of being and having a "self" will not continue, because it was a property of that particular self-sustaining organisation of matter.

I do not think we are spirits piloting flesh robots. The spirit and the flesh are deeply, inextricably interwoven. The spirit disintegrates and is recycled through nature when the flesh is.
Interesting thoughts. We do know that the physical exists physically but also does not at the same time in a contradiction. One of the important 3 contradictions in order for us to exist in this reality... I see what you are saying. I don't think the perceived physical matter is a separate consciousness from the Creator but it is really just energy that is apart of the Creator and the Creator is conscious so it makes sense on that train of though to me. Good thoughts!
Post automatically merged:

I love this take. Especially the idea of an "outer" or "higher" memory that each life lived contributes to, but is not transferred between lives.
I still think though that the other lives thing is a mirage the Creator does to mess with us to hide truths but you never know! I don't have experience with anything to do with that topic but I would love to converse with someone who actually remembered a past life to asks lots of questions and learn what I could to increase the data for hypothesis...

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards

An off-topic consequence of this theory is how ghosts would fit in: so, at the moment a person dies, the difference at the physiological level is quite small. The flesh is almost identical, except for the blocked artery or whatever caused the death. But also something is terribly and fundamentally different, the not-aliveness. And eventually the body disintegrates and the matter is dispersed.

We can preserve the body, and hold all of those cells together in the form they were at the moment of death, but it doesn't make the person any more alive.

We are currently aware that we have some sort of non-tangible mind/consciousness/awareness/cognition.

So maybe a ghost is the equivalent of an embalmed body . The mind/consciousness has been preserved for some reason, but whatever force it is that leaves a body at the moment of death has left the mind as well, and it is basically dead. It can't think anything new or learn anything, or create or change - it's an embalmed mind with no life in it.

Encountering a loved one's embalmed-but-dead mind might be comforting, scary, or sad, like seeing their preserved body after death at an open-casket funeral can be any of those things.

(I don't really know if I agree with this idea or not, it's just me thinking through what my "what happens when you die" theory could mean)

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
An off-topic consequence of this theory is how ghosts would fit in: so, at the moment a person dies, the difference at the physiological level is quite small. The flesh is almost identical, except for the blocked artery or whatever caused the death. But also something is terribly and fundamentally different, the not-aliveness. And eventually the body disintegrates and the matter is dispersed.

We can preserve the body, and hold all of those cells together in the form they were at the moment of death, but it doesn't make the person any more alive.

We are currently aware that we have some sort of non-tangible mind/consciousness/awareness/cognition.

So maybe a ghost is the equivalent of an embalmed body . The mind/consciousness has been preserved for some reason, but whatever force it is that leaves a body at the moment of death has left the mind as well, and it is basically dead. It can't think anything new or learn anything, or create or change - it's an embalmed mind with no life in it.

Encountering a loved one's embalmed-but-dead mind might be comforting, scary, or sad, like seeing their preserved body after death at an open-casket funeral can be any of those things.

(I don't really know if I agree with this idea or not, it's just me thinking through what my "what happens when you die" theory could mean)
This is the best metaphor for ghosts I have read :)

Leontios

Visitor
Reaction score
The accounts of neurologists, who upon dying realized that their consciousness continued after the cessation of electrical activity in their brains is very telling to me. Dr. Peter Cummings and Dr. Eben Alexander had their world views forever changed. These neurologists and many other educated scientists and medical professionals are very hard to ignore.

It does seem there is some authority that likes to keep the illusion of death for those of us that still have bodies. People like Houdini have sworn they would return and communicate with loved ones. Rarely does this happen.
But...it does happen...
I know of someone that died quite a while ago, and she is quite able to pop in and out when she feels like doing so. I never could get her to respond, or speak. She just stares with a smile and vanishes after about 7- 10 seconds, when she feels like doing so, dressed in the same attire she wore over a hundred years ago. In fact I searched through many old rare photos and found the exact outfit I saw her in.
I later found out that after she died, she visited her grandmother so much that the woman would not believe she was dead. Many people claim see her in a certain theater in New York. Whatever they have seen, I do not have to take their word for her survival after death.

Something or someone is definitely obscuring the fact that we survive death.
And they probably mean us no good in doing so.
We all have our opinions though.

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Something or someone is definitely obscuring the fact that we survive death.
Speaking as an autist who originally entered into the occult to address the question of death, and in my then view necessarily demonstrate the existence of a spirituality reality, this would amount to saying "there is no accounting for neurotypicals", to use a perhaps politer or less political psychological term. It would probably be difficult to get a straight answer out of an atheist (nevermind a fundamentalist Christian), but you could probably find enough agnostics to ask why they haven't actually either researched NDE's etc, or if taken as necessary, taken steps to sufficiently demonstrate a spiritual reality for themselves.

While unless there is an encylopedia out that that includes eatern methodologies, I can't claim that the spiritual field is yet organized in informational terms, I wouldn't call the basics to either informationally confirm a reality after deateh, or even encounter the spiritual world, all that hidden at least in literal terms.
Post automatically merged:

The only that it hidden in these most basic terms a willingness to go to the end, "

Last edited:

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
When I first found out about NDE's, it blew my mind too.

I understand that panpsychism (or some variant thereof) is the most obvious answer, but, being me, I speculated an even more mad answer :)

If the multiverse contains such huge numbers of versions of ourselves, my idea is that the experiences people have whilst dead are from another, compatible, version of themselves where they are NOT dead. Instead, they seem to be able to see the multiverse from the "outside". Still haven't figured out how that goes.

There's a small number of blind people who have had NDE’s. One of these was Vicki, who had been born blind, and had her NDE because of a severe car accident. She had a brief glimpse of the accident itself, and then she was above her body in the emergency room. Because she had never seen herself, she only recognised it was her body by her wedding ring and her hair. She then went on to meet dead relatives and friends, as in other NDE’s, but she could see them.

What intrigues me about this, is that when congenitally blind people have been given sight, (usually through cataract operations) they have had to spend time learning how to see, taking anywhere from a week to a few months - to tell, for example, that the cube they were seeing was the same as the cube they felt in their hand.

Vicki was scared by the fact she was suddenly seeing, but she didn’t need to learn how to do it. This implies to me that her consciousness was running on a version of herself that already knew how to see.

I realise this is even madder than the usual mad things, but I thought it might interest people.

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
If the multiverse contains such huge numbers of versions of ourselves, my idea is that the experiences people have whilst dead are from another, compatible, version of themselves where they are NOT dead. Instead, they seem to be able to see the multiverse from the "outside". Still haven't figured out how that goes.
If the "astral plane" and "astral body" counts, that appears to be the understanding of it.