• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What's after death?

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Some decades ago, a local billionaire fell off his horse at polo and had a near death experience.

He said he was alone in a dark cold spiky place and he did not want to go back there.

He himself was dark, cold and spiky. So I suppose he went to his natural environment after death
The man is a billionaire who plays polo on horseback. It might as well be golf. All golf players who don't commit heinous sins go to Sheol. They're not interesting enough to go anywhere else. If you're an ass but you soften up and also play piano you go somewhere else. The golf is just as much a factor in this as the mans deportment.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The man is a billionaire who plays polo on horseback. It might as well be golf. All golf players who don't commit heinous sins go to Sheol. They're not interesting enough to go anywhere else. If you're an ass but you soften up and also play piano you go somewhere else. The golf is just as much a factor in this as the mans deportment.
I tend to agree. Choice of pastime springs from character and intensifies what "chose" the pastime.

Reaction score
Awards
I think the concept is basically the type of person you are projected 9nto others, what good you've done in life and what lessons you've learned determine where or how you go after death.
For me it was in agreement of my mother's NDE that formed my opinion, backed up by harsh lessons I learned by trying to be a good person.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
One imagines Death, the Grim Reaper, anxiously perusing this thread, desperately trying to ferret out some new ideas for how to entertain picky post-mortemites. Sort of like a suburban housewife drinking in every utterance of Martha Stewart some few years back. "Reincarnation as two different people?...Why I never thought of that! I'll try that on the next soul to come through the gate, I will."

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
What do you believe happens after death?

Let me know your thoughts...
A consciousness which has been strengthened and intensified, which has correlated all of its contents and which reflects its Essence, may survive the shock of death. This cultivation of immortal potential is the major objective of Vampyre work and it is really what the LHP initiate spends their life moving towards by fulfilling their Will in many ways, across the course of many years, in the here and now. If consciousness is so tied to the body that it cannot survive outside of it, then you've still spent your life enjoying the ecstasies and exhilarations of self-overcoming and doing something more noble than anything else humanity has come up with to occupy time on Earth.

Outside of this possibility, I do not believe in an afterlife. That means that, for the overwhelming majority, this life is it. However, these are the exact people who, generally, must not be told this. It's an exceptionally difficult truth for most humans to fully accept and those who do fully accept it have tended to be driven mad by it, usually by degenerating and demanding that their time on Earth is made (i.e.; someone else spends their life making things) as cushy as possible until the clock runs down. They do not grasp that this ignoble predisposition is what prohibits them from being the kind of individual who may enjoy whatever potential immortality exists.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
There's a lot of talk about rebirth in many different traditions around the world. I personally have a feeling that's at the very least partially true and that most if not all of us have lived past lives. One thing I am absolutely certain of is that it's not the judeo-christian version of "heaven and hell" which many people get indoctrinated into believing :p
Mart pretty much hit it right on the head! I believe that we either are reincarnated here on earth either as a new human, or we return to be with the source; whatever that may be. I know personally from working with spirits that there's definitely another plane of existence besides that of what we're currently on.
This might be a dumb question but have you never inquired to spirits about life after death? I’m more on the side that every person experiences the same universal truth after death whether that be reincarnation, hell/heaven, etc but like you said who knows really.
That's actually a very good idea. I've never asked a spirit about what's next for us. But the fact that there are spirits answer's the question about if there's any other planes of existence, besides the one we're currently living on.

Laraby

Visitor
Reaction score
I found some of the books by Anthony Peake to be particularly relevant and interesting on this matter.
Especially:
1) The Daemon (2008)
2) Is There Life After Death? The Extraordinary Science of What Happens When We Die: Why Science Is Taking the Idea of an Afterlife Seriously.
3)
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. This book expands on book 2 above.

Worth a read in my humble opinion.

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
What do you believe happens after death?

Rebirth on Earth as a new human?
Rebirth on Earth as a different species?
Rebirth on a different plane/dimension?
Continuing on in a different plane/dimension? Like heaven or hell...
Continuing on in a parallel universe where you never died... on and on forever till you're the last person alive?
Something, but something inexplicable...?
Nothing?

Let me know your thoughts...
I think there is nothing for our separate consciousness after we die but that the Creator/Source will never forget that aspect of itself and who we were as a separate consciousness. I used to believe in reincarnation but I did a lot of thinking about it and changed my perspective. I found that fear of death caused me to want to believe in the concept, I am sure this is not the reason for everyone. What I thought was that there is so much evidence of children and people recounting their past lives so to speak so it has to be true. Then I realized that 99.999 percent of everyone does not remember a past life so then technically we are not who we were even if we did reincarnate. We become a product of our personality and experience I believe so consciously, we are not the other person from the past life if it did indeed happen. The people who have recounted past lives do not always act like they are the same personality, they usually remember memories from what I found. I just figured if we don't remember the experiences from a past life then technically when we die as far as we know there is nothing at least in the conscious reality we are in. Of course I never discount the possibilities of that concept. I think the Creator/Source likes to mess with us and hide truths, through us off the trail so to speak, I think our Creator/Source has a sense of humour as well. I will read some other responses as I am curious as what others think and why. Good question to post for sure! :)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think there is nothing for our separate consciousness after we die
Various people I knew well, hung around after their death.

I lived next to a farmer, and when he died I could feel him still around. So could his widow.

After a few months she sold the farm and immediately he was gone. She knew that too.

Other stories on application

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
Various people I knew well, hung around after their death.

I lived next to a farmer, and when he died I could feel him still around. So could his widow.

After a few months she sold the farm and immediately he was gone. She knew that too.

Other stories on application
I understand that for sure, I have also known many who have had all kinds of experiences with spirits as have I but it does not prove it is those people. Many in this forum believe in demons, if demons exist as separate consciousness to the Creator/Source (they seem to be aware apparently of a great deal of things based on peoples experience) then how do we know it isn't a demon messing with us? If the Creator/Source is us as well as we are us, it could be the Creator/Source messing with us. I am not saying these things don't happen, I just know we can't prove the nature of it. A mischievous aspect of the Creator/Source which also was that person may just have interaction for a purpose with people. Is it that persons separate consciousness? We can never know this I think. I do know that energy can't be destroyed and I believe we have a soul or essence but I just do think our consciousness lives on as separate as we perceive it to be here in this reality. My thoughts. I am not here to try to change anyone's mind as to what they believe, just to add other perspectives to think on and I love to hear other as well. I do change my perspectives on things as I learn new things! There must be a reason some experience spiritual things more than others, purpose perhaps, curious about it for sure... :)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
but it does not prove it is those people.
Quite right. It is important to test.

For example, a discarded emotional body might be used by another entity to imitate the original human.

Still, I rather think I recognized my mother on the morning after her death. In life, a devout Catholic, she had told me I was weird.

After death the first thing she said to me was: "It is just as you said: all about energies".

I saw her in a group, mainly female, learning about planetary and systemic meridians.

I saw my father after he died. He was in a group, mainly male, learning relationship. That seemed a good move

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
Quite right. It is important to test.

For example, a discarded emotional body might be used by another entity to imitate the original human.

Still, I rather think I recognized my mother on the morning after her death. In life, a devout Catholic, she had told me I was weird.

After death the first thing she said to me was: "It is just as you said: all about energies".

I saw her in a group, mainly female, learning about planetary and systemic meridians.

I saw my father after he died. He was in a group, mainly male, learning relationship. That seemed a good move
Fascinating for sure, definitely gets me to think. I am glad you had positive experiences with spirits, that is great!

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: What's after death?
SUBTOPIC: A Supernatural Environment Beyond Life?
※→ Callie, Scottish Pride, et al,

I'm not so sure that "
" → some agency by a Cosmic Intelligence (The Providence is essentially the "First Cause," the "Creator," the "Ultimate Power of the Universe," or the "Supreme Being") that determines everything and every outcome of each action is universally accepted. The
(PSR), in short, sets the condition that → every fact, event, or condition must have a reason behind that outcome.

I would think that spending your life exploring the boundaries between this world and the other world would yield some level of power over your fate. It would be pretty disappointing if it did not.
Meh, I live life for the moment, anyhow. Whatever happens will happen.
(COMMENT)

"Fate" implies "supernatural powers" that guide a series of events to a predetermined settlement. Together, the dual concepts of PSR and Fate, (
a type of foreknowledge) are opposed to the idea of "free will."

Most Respectfully,
R